Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for LPVO recommendations

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Looking for LPVO recommendations

I’m looking for a quality LPVO that I can switch between an AR and a .22 rifle. It would mostly live on the .22 for squirrel hunting but I would also like to be able to throw it on my AR to hunt coyotes when needed. I would like something with a clean sight picture, I don’t like a lot of stadial lines and stuff cluttering the sight picture. So what would you recommend?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    What’s your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Not really concerned with price, I’d rather spend the money on somethin nice now than something cheap just to regret it and end up buying the nice one later.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    For plinking, there is nothing wrong with the Primary Arms 1-6X. Spend a little more and you can get into the Steiner P4Xi, which is a solid optic. Those would be my two recommendations if you plan on swapping between your AR and .22.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’ve had the P4Xi for over a year, it is a great optic for the money. If maxing out at 4x isn’t a concern, I’m not aware of an LPVO in its price range than can match it.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I really like the sight picture on the Steiner but I’m not sure if I wanna limit myself to 4X magnification since I’ll be using this for coyote hunting. Does the Razor HD Gen 2 have a cluttered aight picture or is it pretty clean like the Steiner?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowman57_2 View Post
    I really like the sight picture on the Steiner but I’m not sure if I wanna limit myself to 4X magnification since I’ll be using this for coyote hunting. Does the Razor HD Gen 2 have a cluttered aight picture or is it pretty clean like the Steiner?
    The Razor HD Gen 2 is great, not cluttered but you would probably want to go with one on the VMR reticles if you’re going to be using it with a .22 more than a 5.56. The JM1 is great for 5.56 and the -E model feels a lot lighter than the original.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I think the JM-1 has the least clutter. If you’re willing to spend that money, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone disappointed by a Razor.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowman57_2 View Post
    I’m looking for a quality LPVO that I can switch between an AR and a .22 rifle. It would mostly live on the .22 for squirrel hunting but I would also like to be able to throw it on my AR to hunt coyotes when needed. I would like something with a clean sight picture, I don’t like a lot of stadial lines and stuff cluttering the sight picture. So what would you recommend?
    Swapping scopes between 2 rifles never works out. It's not like you can swap them without re zeroing. My favorite squirrel scope is the Vortex Diamondback 2X7 Rimfire. I know nothing about dog hunting in Indiana but if you are shooting a 2 MOA rifle with 2 MOA ammunition outside of 200 yards you may as well get a generic 3X9 and hope you draw blood. No such thing as a free lunch.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Swapping scopes between 2 rifles never works out. It's not like you can swap them without re zeroing.
    There seem to be QD scopes that return to zero better than I can shoot...

http://www.recoilweb.com/guide-to-qu...nts-57239.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast