Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for LPVO recommendations

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    There seem to be QD scopes that return to zero better than I can shoot...

http://www.recoilweb.com/guide-to-qu...nts-57239.html
    I think you’re missing the point. When you change calibers your zero changes. It’s not about returning to zero which is what that article is about.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)

Between rifles?? Take deep breath and try to express yourself again.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I think you’re missing the point. When you change calibers your zero changes. It’s not about returning to zero which is what that article is about.
    He isn't paying attention. Not sure you are either. The OP is wanting to use one scope on two rifles.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    He isn't paying attention. Not sure you are either. The OP is wanting to use one scope on two rifles.
    This is correct. But I’m not super concerned with having to re-zero because the scope will be spending 99.9% of it’s life on the .22 I just want to be able to throw it on my AR for coyotes sometimes even if it means having to re-zero the day before I go out.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A BOBRO mount and Razor Gen II-E 1-6x can do what you want.

Install it on your primary rifle and set the turrets to zero, then mark the location on the 1913 rail (say T11). Then move it to the other rifle and zero the scope without zeroing the turrets. Record the windage and elevation correction for the secondary rifle and also mark the 1913 slot location. Let’s say you get 13 clicks right, 8 clicks up and T9.

Now, every time you move the scope back to your primary rifle, line up your reference mark to T11 and turn the dials to zero. When you mount to the secondary, mount at T9 then turn your windage 13 clicks right and elevation 8 clicks up.

You’ll be within the repeatability of the mount and scope which is typically within one MOA in total.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 02-23-19 at 09:43.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Doesnt matter. You're still going to have to dial and record, but in theory it should work. I'd rather use a geissele or nightforce or badger than some qd though. Same rtz, less chance for issues.

Feedback Score
    ive been super happy with the 1-8 Nightforce ATACR in geiselle super precision mount on my sr15.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allah_Snackbah View Post
    ive been super happy with the 1-8 Nightforce ATACR in geiselle super precision mount on my sr15.
    The OP asked for an uncluttered reticle for hunting and I wouldn’t describe either of the Nightforce 1-8x reticles as uncluttered.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Doesnt matter. You're still going to have to dial and record, but in theory it should work. I'd rather use a geissele or nightforce or badger than some qd though. Same rtz, less chance for issues.
    This is what I was getting at. Make your notes, switch back and forth...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the Razor 1-6x, do you really want to stick a 25.2 oz scope plus QD AR scope mount (app. half a pound extra and high above bore centerline assuming we aren't talking about a .22lr AR) on a rifle you will be packing around squirrel hunting?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast