Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Dale Comstock RE: American Mercenary who ran combat ops in Yemen

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Interview with Dale Comstock RE: American Mercenary who ran combat ops in Yemen

Comstock was a CAG guy, and apparently still in the fight. I communicate with him from time time. He's got his supporters and detractors, and I don't have the knowledge to have an opinion there. He's very active on FB, and we ping stuff back and forth on occasion and such. Anyway, this was in interesting read on what apparently a bit of a cluster in Yemen:

Exclusive: Interview with an American Mercenary who ran combat ops in Yemen

"Little Bird helicopters swept down and dropped the Delta Force operators on the roof of the prison. The helicopters were so heavy with men, weapons, and equipment that some only had one pilot on board due to weight restrictions. The breacher ran forward and set the explosive charge on the door leading down into the prison annex. He had about fifteen stitches in his leg from a training accident with a flashbang, but when Delta had been alerted for the hostage rescue mission there was no way he was getting left behind. “I’d been training for the super bowl all these years,” he recalled.

He was both the team breacher and the master breacher for that mission. The CIA intel had it that the door was metal and when putting the explosive charge together, he figured that there were no good guys on the other side of this particular door so he added a little bit extra. “It was the most surreal experience I could ever imagine,” he told NEWSREP."

Cont:

https://thenewsrep.com/109434/exclus...zWNersXcLDQ0dA
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-19-18 at 13:12.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Really cool read, thanks for sharing Will.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Really cool read, thanks for sharing Will.
    BTW, here's the back story on that which motivated Dale to speak on it. For some reason, a SEAL decides to talk about it openly, and name names, which is a massive no no for obvious reasons. There's a drone vid of the op there too:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...RUO_NBH8SlAdHM
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It's been said that the second oldest profession in the world is being a soldier of fortune.

It's not PC, and mercs get a bad wrap especially in the media but I have zero problem with it. There are a lot of players on the "grand chess board", a lot of money is thrown around everyday.

ETA:

Will, if you haven't read it Kurt Muse wrote a book about his ordeal and rescue.

Six Minutes to Freedom: How a Band of Heros Defied a Dictator and Helped Free a Nation
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 10-19-18 at 13:47.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    double tap.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

Will, if you haven't read it Kurt Muse wrote a book about his ordeal and rescue.

Six Minutes to Freedom: How a Band of Heros Defied a Dictator and Helped Free a Nation
    Read the book. Our member by the name of Larry Vickers participated in the rescue of Muse from that Modelo prison in Operation Acid Gambit.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Read the book. Our member by the name of Larry Vickers participated in the rescue of Muse from that Modelo prison in Operation Acid Gambit.
    I found out about the book from him. As I recall that is the second book that mentions him.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    It's been said that the second oldest profession in the world is being a soldier of fortune.

It's not PC, and mercs get a bad wrap especially in the media but I have zero problem with it. There are a lot of players on the "grand chess board", a lot of money is thrown around everyday.

ETA:

I have not, but am aware of it and the story. I assume you're posting it due to Dale being in that op?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    fun stuff

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I had the pleasure of meeting Dale couple of years ago. He was a passenger on my flight from Houston to Panama City Beach. The flight was delayed due to weather and I saw Dale sitting at the gate, so went up and introduced myself. He was shocked that someone recognized him and couldn’t have been more gracious. My first officer was also a gun guy and the three of us had a great conversation.

After we landed in Florida Dale came up to cockpit to thank us for a safe flight and wanted to know if he could get a picture with us. Seems like a really good dude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast