Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 19, gen 5 chamber diamentions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I made it back to the range to spend more time with the gen 5 model 19. My son also came with his 1911. I don't own a 1911 and after shooting it I got distracted and forgot about looking at the Glock 19. I'm sure most of you will understand the delay. I'll try again asap.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We made it back to the range on Monday. While shooting factory CCI 115 gr. fmj's we experienced one failure to fully chamber. This is the same problem as before but with my reloads. After a couple of deliberate palm slaps the slide went home. That particular round shot fine. I should have ejrcted the round for inspection. I have shot close to 1500 rds of this ammo without any issues with my CZ.
    I went back and compared some of my spent cases of my reloads that had chambering problems with the just shot new manufactured cases. Both groups were all well within spec for case length according to my Sierra reloading manual. No other visual defects were observed. We will be back out at the range today. This time if there is anymore chambering issues I will immediately eject the round to measure the diamentions. It's still a good shooting gun but I think the chamber needs to be reamed a little bigger.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elde View Post
    Appears to be a "feature" of the Marksman Barrel.
    SAAMI spec is a barrel feature. Not all ammo meets SAAMI spec however.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12