Thread: Raven Concealment Eidolon Review

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Raven Concealment Eidolon Review

I've been searching for a holster that can conceal a Glock 19 w/RMR AIWB. That was impossible for me with my Incog and KMJF holsters, as the grip always printed, and the back of the slide tended to lean forward. I let holster technology get way ahead of me, and didn't know what I was missing.

(Glock 19 in KMFJ, Glock 43 in INCOG)

So, I started this thread:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-AIWB-HOLSTERS

And got some really solid info from you end-users. It seems that for AIWB, the ideal set up included the following:

Adjustable clip height
    A "claw" of some sort
    Some kind of "wedge"

Clearly, based off my two holsters, the wedge and claw theories seemed way out there. But then I started thinking about...

The wedge pushes the slide into your body, preventing it from hanging out past your waistband. The claw pulls the grip into your body, preventing it from printing. It started to make sense to me. So I began researching, like I do before I make any purchase, and found exactly what I was looking for in a few different models:

Dark Star Orion
    https://darkstargear.com/product/g19orion/

RCS Eidolon
    http://rcsgear.com/eidolon-appendix-or-strongside-iwb/

V Devgru Seraph (RMR Cut)
    https://vdevgru.com/products/seraph-...wb-iwb-holster

Tenicor Velo
    https://tenicor.com/products/velo-aiwb-holster

JM Custom Kydex
    https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWBWC2G17.html

Now, save for some minor differences here and there, these all do the same thing: adjustable ride height, wedge, and claw. All came highly recommended, all reviewed favorably, and all priced out within $20 of each other.

But, something drew me into what I found to be the ugliest model: The RCS Eidolon. It was the most customizable of the bunch, had a few years of end-user feedback going, and had the only wedge that looked like it belonged on a holster and not under the sink, ready to scrub dishes.

Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 09-17-18 at 23:54.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    So, I ordered it from Raven Concealment. It arrived two days later with two wedges, two claws, two mounting plates, two clips, and an ungodly amount of hardware. The instruction booklet offered many different types of mounting combinations. I instead chose to go to the internet and see how people were carrying. I finally settled on the most vanilla combination: everything.

The retention was easy to adjust, via one screw near the trigger guard. With everything bolted on and the retention set, I placed the holster in my pants.

I was blown away, not literally-thank God. It was surprisingly comfortable, but most of all, it hid a Glock 19 with RMR under a T Shirt. I thought the day would never come, and I had given up on carrying a 19 because of it.

I spent the remainder of the night sitting on the couch and wearing the holster. I literally forgot it was there. The next day, I wore it in shorts and a T Shirt to a Thomas The Train Convention with my 2 year old. It was the kind of setting that is very important to remain concealed. I spent the day rustling, wrestling, and carrying an exhausted little person. No one but me had any idea that I had a pistol on. It got to the point that I even stopped checking to see if I was printing, because I knew I wasn't. When I got home, I had some sweat on the pistol as I chose the "no sweat guard" option, but that was the only damage done from a day spent on 90* heat.

I've been wearing it since, and I couldn't be happier. I do find that the clips are flimsy, so much so that I worry I might break them. I'll remedy that here soon when my Discrete Carry #4 clips arrive in the mail (https://www.discreetcarryconcepts.co...SHS-p109288259). Until then, the stock clips will work just fine.

Overall, I'm overjoyed by my newfound freedom to conceal a bigger pistol. I've only had the holster for a few days, so time will tell on quality, but my initial assessment is that it is well made/engineered/designed. RCS, back in the Tom days, had legendary customer service, so I can only assume that legacy has continued should a need ever arise. I'd highly recommend one to anybody looking for an AIWB option.

Please, after reading my review, feel free to post your own experiences with the Eidolon (including how you set it up), so we can make a centralized thread on it.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 09-17-18 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I got the same Eidolon G26/19 holster this week. With my mid-section flab both the claw and wedge were unnecessary for my 2:30 position. It still presented a lower profile than other IWB holsters I have tried. Very discreet under a loose t-shirt. Almost as good with my G19.

The belt clip blocked too much of the grip as pictured with your setup, but with the rear clip offset using the included extension wing the problem was solved. The wing also adds leverage pulling the holster in tighter.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Which belt are you using?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    Which belt are you using?
    I'm currently using the V Development Group Megingjord:

https://vdevgru.com/products/megingjord

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    I got the same Eidolon G26/19 holster this week. With my mid-section flab both the claw and wedge were unnecessary for my 2:30 position. It still presented a lower profile than other IWB holsters I have tried. Very discreet under a loose t-shirt. Almost as good with my G19.

The belt clip blocked too much of the grip as pictured with your setup, but with the rear clip offset using the included extension wing the problem was solved. The wing also adds leverage pulling the holster in tighter.

Thats a creative setup you've got there, I imagine it hides the 26 very well.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Thanks. I couldn’t see any reason to use a wing on the other side.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Eidolon vs standard holster (KMFJ for this example)

Eidolon

KMFJ

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It looks bulky with too much material, larger than needs to be, too much hardware...

but when you actually shove it down your pants with your secondary blaster in it, you realize that you're better off with all the "bulk & hardware" than a minimalist setup as far as both comfort and concealment.

A top notch, well designed AIWB holster IME. That wing set the standard for appendix concealment.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)

UPDATE

I now use both wings as with just one it rubbed my hip bone at 2:30. The wedge would tuck it in closer, but this works well with my gut and the usual untucked button shirt. All day comfy.