Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RATS Tourniquet Sling? Feedback Sought

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

RATS Tourniquet Sling? Feedback Sought

Does anyone have any experience with the RATS tourniquet sling? I like the idea of having stowage for a TQ but want to maintain the functionality of a good shooting sling.

On a related note is there anything else on the market with a sleeve or pouch to hold a tourniquet?

https://sierratac.com/products/rats-...justable-sling

https://youtu.be/cBSnxn0V6V4

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 10-20-18 at 13:34.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    One of my partners has his CAT rubber banded to his stock on patrol, just rips right off if he needs it. Slings for sling things, real TQs for tourniquet things.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the RATS tourniquet sling? I like the idea of having stowage for a TQ but want to maintain the functionality of a good shooting sling.
    I have the SierraTac RATS TQ sling and it is a very well made piece of kit, as is their standard sling. There is a lot of information out there related to the RATS TQ, some good and some bad. It isn't, in my opinion, as good as the CAT or SOFTT-W, but it does have its place.

As far as carrying a TQ goes, I try to carry them centerline on my plate carrier, as well as on my battle belt and in some pockets. I have run them with rubber bands, dedicated pouches and the excellent Mayflower/Velocity Systems TQ Retainer. Find what works best for you and run it, it isn't really rocket science.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I have the SierraTac RATS TQ sling and it is a very well made piece of kit, as is their standard sling. There is a lot of information out there related to the RATS TQ, some good and some bad. It isn't, in my opinion, as good as the CAT or SOFTT-W, but it does have its place.

As far as carrying a TQ goes, I try to carry them centerline on my plate carrier, as well as on my battle belt and in some pockets. I have run them with rubber bands, dedicated pouches and the excellent Mayflower/Velocity Systems TQ Retainer. Find what works best for you and run it, it isn't really rocket science.
    Looking for info primarily for pool guns that are checked out for a shift and then returned to the armory.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any chance this would work? I have a few on various slings and so far I like it. I use it mostly with SOFT-W and CAT gen 7 TQs but it should work with the RATS if you want to use it.

http://tuffproducts.com/8874-sce-jic...rniquet-pouch/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKIA_AZ View Post
    Any chance this would work? I have a few on various slings and so far I like it. I use it mostly with SOFT-W and CAT gen 7 TQs but it should work with the RATS if you want to use it.

http://tuffproducts.com/8874-sce-jic...rniquet-pouch/
    Yeah. Maybe. Does the thing stay in position on the sling pretty well?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Reach out to SierraTac directly and let them know that you are looking at their slings for your departments patrol rifles. They will send you some samples to evaluate.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Our tax medics don’t recommend that TQ. They say it is to thin and doesn’t cover enough area. Most TQs are around 1.5” thick to spread the press out and gives more room for error.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't waste your money. Not only is it too thin to work effectively, but the metal bit has a nasty habit of bending or breaking. Get a real tourniquet with a proven track record.

Feedback Score
    DO NOT USE A RATS TQ. The TCCC committee has deemed that the RATS is not able to stop bleeding. My buddies that are socm medics refuse to use them. They don't work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast