Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you were going to build or buy an AR pistol....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Dad and I assembled a lower using a Centurion stripped lower (thanks, Stickman!), SIONICS parts, BCM FCG, SBA3 kit, Magpul K2 grip, Springco Blue, and an H2 buffer. Then we slapped a DD Mk18 upper (new, properly gassed) on it, added an A2 birdcage, a BCM 4x4 CH, and a Toolcraft NiB BCG (temporary).

The gun has been problem free so far with 5.56, but doesn't always lock back on .223 ammo. No stoppages, just a failure to lock back sometimes. It's only been fired 200 rounds, so it's basically still new.

I plan to add Scalarworks PEAK sights, and some sort of weaponlight. For now I'm using a spare 1-4x LPV, which looks a bit obnoxious on such a small gun, but until it's been thoroughly vetted it's merely a range toy anyway...

If I could do it over again I'd definitely do the same thing. I wish the SBA3 was sold as a brace only, because I'd go A5. It's not worth the cost IMO to buy the whole kit AND A5 stuff. However, now that I already have a Mk18, I've been ogling a BCM 12.5 Kino

https://imgur.com/a/Ul7LzXz
    Nice rig. Go with H buffer if you aren’t reliable with 223. No need for H2 if you aren’t reliable with everything.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    There are plenty of poor reviews on Brownells and/or Amazon. They seem to be similar to PSA - some of the stuff they crank out appears to be decent but some of it is DOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, I can respect your opinions. FBI and St. Paul PD approve use. Obviously they have tested them. I’m Mn it gets cold
    And they were approved. If it’s good enough for FBI and St Paul PD then I am good with them. I have run them through a few courses and they have been great. I have aimpoint pro and the holosun has been as good so far. If it takes a shit on me then I have irons and a solid Colt AR. The nucleous is solid.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Ok, I can respect your opinions. FBI and St. Paul PD approve use. Obviously they have tested them. I’m Mn it gets cold
    And they were approved. If it’s good enough for FBI and St Paul PD then I am good with them. I have run them through a few courses and they have been great. I have aimpoint pro and the holosun has been as good so far. If it takes a shit on me then I have irons and a solid Colt AR. The nucleous is solid.
    I’m not positive but don’t they have different grades of optics? Maybe that’s just the determining factor. I don’t know, nor do I really care either way, I’d probably just prefer to go to a Vortex Crossfire if I want a cheap dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’m not positive but don’t they have different grades of optics? Maybe that’s just the determining factor.
    To be clear, the FBI does not approve any Holosun products, to my knowledge. They approve one particular Sig optic that is more expensive than others in the Romeo line and is assembled in the USA. Off memory alone, I think the opinion was that Holosun probably made the other Romeos and therefore the parts for the single FBI model. I can’t check now, the thread is on this sight, I think.
    At the cost of that Romeo model, you’re in the territory of better optics.

I got the PA optic blemished to try out a RDS, and I found it awesome...despite being notified after ordering that the night vision settings on that model would not function (though they’ll repair it eventually!). My second was a SPARC II based on the Recoil torture test, a $100 price, and the Vortex warranty.

Sorry for hijaking the thread...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123