Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you were going to build or buy an AR pistol....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRJ View Post
    I like my Springfield Saint.
    I’d got with a more hard use AR then the Saint but if you are just plinking then it will do fine.. Colt 6933 HB FBI profile upper on Colt lower. SB Tactical brace. Holosun Red Dot. 092A8C65-4CBD-4309-8484-96745492D2B3.jpg
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I bought a factory built Daniel Defense V7 pistol and swapped out the included brace for an SBA3 brace. These DD guns are not as over gassed as they were just a year or two ago. If it were an option, I would have preferred a 11.5" barrel, but I'm ok with the 10.3" setup on this gun. I'm extremely happy with the setup.

Feedback Score
    I notice most people are mentioning the SBA3 brace. What makes it superior to, say, a blade brace?

(And we all know people are shouldering these things).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I notice most people are mentioning the SBA3 brace. What makes it superior to, say, a blade brace?

Already hundreds of threads comparing braces. Google that.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post

The SBA3 uses a regular receiver extension instead of some weird pistol tube, adjusts just like a real stock, has decent cheekweld, and even has QD sling points. I don't think another brace comes close in terms of function, and even if one were buying a brace as a stepping stone to a full SBR, the fact that the SBA3 uses a regular RE is awesome.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    The SBA3 uses a regular receiver extension instead of some weird pistol tube, adjusts just like a real stock, has decent cheekweld, and even has QD sling points. I don't think another brace comes close in terms of function, and even if one were buying a brace as a stepping stone to a full SBR, the fact that the SBA3 uses a regular RE is awesome.
    Pretty much the same thing I was going to say. I never had any interest in pistol braces until the SBA3 came along, for all of these reasons.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    I’d got with a more hard use AR then the Saint but if you are just plinking then it will do fine.. Colt 6933 HB FBI profile upper on Colt lower. SB Tactical brace. Holosun Red Dot. 092A8C65-4CBD-4309-8484-96745492D2B3.jpg
    I would go with a more hard use optic than a Holosun as well, but to each their own.

I have built mine from the ground up as an AR pistol. The SBA3 is the third brace I have used on it to this point, (KAK blade, SBM4) and my favorite so far. I started with a stripped Seekins Billet lower, I assembled it using a BCM lower parts kit, with BCM PNT trigger. Bought a BCM 11.5 upper, with the KMR and have been very happy with it so far. Aimpoint T1 on top, Surefire M300U light currently (Streamlight TLRx in the pic), and it's my truck gun now. I am working on an SBR project for legalities right now, but I am a fan of quality AR pistols with quality braces.

2018-09-21_02-53-07 by Willis, on Flickr
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I would go with a more hard use optic than a Holosun as well, but to each their own.

I have built mine from the ground up as an AR pistol. The SBA3 is the third brace I have used on it to this point, (KAK blade, SBM4) and my favorite so far. I started with a stripped Seekins Billet lower, I assembled it using a BCM lower parts kit, with BCM PNT trigger. Bought a BCM 11.5 upper, with the KMR and have been very happy with it so far. Aimpoint T1 on top, Surefire M300U light currently (Streamlight TLRx in the pic), and it's my truck gun now. I am working on an SBR project for legalities right now, but I am a fan of quality AR pistols with quality braces.

2018-09-21_02-53-07 by Willis, on Flickr
    I hadn’t heard anything saying holosun wasn’t hard use. Very good optic. What issues have you had? In Minnesota St. Paul PD uses Holosun
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I don’t think you’ll find anyone here who’ll say Holosun is duty grade for red dots.

They make the Primary Arms optics, and I had one survive a single carbine course. I have seen it suggested that they may be involved in the Sig optic that is approved for FBI use (one of the Romeo 4’s). But I don’t think many people would recommend *any of the others be used* on a life or death weapon. I think the prevailing belief is that QA is not there. Not that they aren’t good, but that they aren’t proven and known to be consistently reliable (though mine has been). I purchased a used CompM3 for $285 shipped a couple months ago, cleaned it, and absolutely love the thing; I’d choose that any day over the PA advanced micro dot.

Think of it like the weapon itself. A new Bushmaster might work fine for a police force, as may a Holosun, but why purchase questionable products when a BCM or even Aero Precision weapon is available. Aimpoint PRO’s and Trijicon MRO’s aren’t that much more expensive in the grand scheme, if to be used hard.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 09-22-18 at 20:45. Reason: *any of the others*

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    I hadn’t heard anything saying holosun wasn’t hard use. Very good optic. What issues have you had? In Minnesota St. Paul PD uses Holosun
    There are plenty of poor reviews on Brownells and/or Amazon. They seem to be similar to PSA - some of the stuff they crank out appears to be decent but some of it is DOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast