Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADM rails

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    As far as I know Geissele is still using 7075 aluminum for their barrel nuts with their handguards, unless they have recently changed to some other material.

https://www.rogtac.com/geissele-m4-s...um-barrel-nut/
    Their ALG rails do also as well as an aluminum wrench to install it.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    As far as I know Geissele is still using 7075 aluminum for their barrel nuts with their handguards, unless they have recently changed to some other material.

https://www.rogtac.com/geissele-m4-s...um-barrel-nut/
    Good point
    And geissele are making some of the best rails around, with military contracts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Their ALG rails do also as well as an aluminum wrench to install it.
    The ALG barrel nut is quite robust IMO.

I don't think Geissele is going to put out anything shoddy with the G or ALG brand on it.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have looked at their rails as I have an ADM receiver set and they actually offer a 10.75 inch rail.

Just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

If G would offer a 10.75 rail already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'm fan of the ADM low light rails. They are a nice alternative to something like the KAC URX 3.1, and even come in a 10.75" length that is perfect for an 11.5" barreled upper. They are well machined and think enough to be very durable, definitely more so than some of the thinner aluminum tube type rails on the market.

I don't have any hands on experience with the m-lok rails, but they look to be similarly well made. They are not as heavy as the "low light" models, and are not nearly as heavy (the 10.75 M-lok is 5.5 oz lighter than the same length low light rail).

American Defense has a pretty good rep overall, and in my experience their receiver sets and handguards match or exceed the quality of their mounts.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 09-18-18 at 22:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    Anyone have experience with american defense mfg rails? They have a low light rail and mlock and keymod options.

I have one of their 10.75" low light rails and it seems solid. They are priced right too.

What are your guys thoughts on them?
    It definitely looks like a solid rail. Weighs 16 oz... impressively heavy for a 10.75" rail. Also not a fan of the "squeeze" type attachments over wedge type or cross bolt like on the BCMs. I feel like the squeeze types put uneven pressure on the barrel nut and aren't as strong.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    It definitely looks like a solid rail. Weighs 16 oz... impressively heavy for a 10.75" rail. Also not a fan of the "squeeze" type attachments over wedge type or cross bolt like on the BCMs. I feel like the squeeze types put uneven pressure on the barrel nut and aren't as strong.
    Is that their low light or mlock rail? I know the mlock is lighter

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just the spec I got from their website on the lite rail. I think you're right though, the MLOK is lighter. Don't remember exactly.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    The mlock is 10.5 oz

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ALG doesn't list weight for the V3 full top rail, but going to guess the weight of it is nearly identical to the ADM.

https://algdefense.com/ergonomic-mod...-v2-m-lok.html

https://www.americandefensemanufactu.../product/1247/

I prefer the ALG bolting in to the barrel nut, but I have a Gen 2 Midwest rail that squeezes the barrel nut without issues. I am just about certain the ALG would take more abuse before moving, but the MI rail hasn't fell off from getting banged around in the truck cab, knocked over, and used like everything else I have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12