Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First ever female Viper demonstration team commander, relieved of duty

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

First ever female Viper demonstration team commander, relieved of duty

After only 2 weeks. Considering the obvious backlash and accusations that will follow about sexism, etc in the mil, she must have really F-d up to lose her command in 2 weeks. Not that it's relevant, but she's darn cute too:

Capt. Zoe Kotnik, first ever female Viper demonstration team commander, relieved of duty after just 2 weeks

Just two weeks after making history as the first female pilot to head the Air Force’s F-16 Viper demonstration team, Capt. Zoe Kotnik was relieved of her command on Monday.

“Col. Derek O’Malley, 20th Fighter Wing commander, relieved Capt. Zoe Kotnik from command Feb. 11 due to a loss of confidence in her ability to lead and command the Air Combat Command F-16 Viper demonstration team,” reads a statement made by Col. Allen Herritage, director of public affairs at the Air Force’s Air Combat Command.

“The Viper demonstration team is working to minimize impacts on scheduled performances and looks forward to inspiring crowds around the country during the upcoming season as soon as a new commander is selected.”

https://fightersweep.com/11957/capt-...AIJH1ldfKT3GQs
    Last edited by WillBrink; 02-12-19 at 13:39.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yep, she's done something stupid. May not have been inside the jet. She has deleted her Instragram page. She might have posted something she shouldn't have.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Yep, she's done something stupid. May not have been inside the jet. She has deleted her Instragram page. She might have posted something she shouldn't have.
    That was my first thought - something personal life-related. Regardless, there's no way the Air Force would be doing this if whatever "it" was wasn't pretty egregious, considering that there's probably already a House select committee convened to investigate.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    She'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dogshit outta Hong Kong now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe this?

I kid I kid...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Whats a Viper team? Blue Angels J.V.? Never heard of it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Chappy would be disappoint. He watched BOYS blown to PIECES over Southeast Asia who thought they were ready....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Chappy would be disappoint. He watched BOYS blown to PIECES over Southeast Asia who thought they were ready....
    She said "Damn it Chappy, I'm doing it my way!"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Serisouly what is the AF viper demostration team?

I sat on the Nellis flightline for 3 years and watched over the
    thunderbirds F-16's, but never heard of the viper team??

Are they like the thunderbirds east coast rivals??

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I wondered that too. I think the Thunderbirds are the Air force Precision team that can also roll into combat. It looks like Viper Demo Team is more about the single plane ability, join other sometimes older aircraft at airshows, tour more. IOW, a car show of sorts vs an F1 race. not to suggest the pilots are lacking by any means,, just two totally different sort of demonstrations.

That's what I am picking up anyway. I could be wrong.

Def. not the JV for the Blue Angles. The Blue Angles are the Navy Precision Team. Blue Angles & Thunderbirds are similar. Viper Demo Team is a different animal.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast