Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thinking about a permanent US base in Poland

Feedback Score

Trump thinking about a permanent US base in Poland

Polish President Andrzej Duda is eager to secure a deal, suggested it be named Fort Trump

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Polish President Andrzej Duda is eager to secure a deal, suggested it be named Fort Trump

NYH1.
    I hope we do- Poland has become a powerful, anti- communist ally in Eastern Europe.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I hope we do- Poland has become a powerful, anti- communist ally in Eastern Europe.
    I agree.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I thought a base in Poland (or network of bases, including Air Force and comms stations) was the apparent choice for at least 20 years as Ze Germans are less and less supportive of US presence post-Cold War. Never mind that the Russians are just as mobile and dangerous in their post-Soviet phase. As I understand it, the Poles are pro-US, anti-Euro zone bank control and most definitely anti-Russian. An ex-pat living in Poland told me US military and economic support are welcome with open arms, and I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of his personal experiences there.

Feedback Score
    Camp Pulaski

I have a buddy that hates the idea of the US east of Germany. Poland and the Baltic states are just not worth the squeeze and really Russia's area and an antagonism to them. I disagree.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Camp Pulaski

I have a buddy that hates the idea of the US east of Germany. Poland and the Baltic states are just not worth the squeeze and really Russia's area and an antagonism to them. I disagree.
    I'm am well out of the loop of diplomacy, foreign policy and military involvement in any part of the world, so my post is likely dated. Although, given what you said, antogonizing Russia might be the exact reason why some people want US involvement in Poland.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think Poland and Hungary both deserve US bases, both would be willing to fight, not so sure about Germany.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    With the EU's attitude towards them I'm sure Poland and Hungary would welcome it.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-18-18 at 20:02.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love Poland. Great place to be. At least in the summer...

If I was still in, I would be the first to volunteer to go. Hell, I might even stay there.
    Last edited by soulezoo; 09-18-18 at 21:32.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Germany can pound sand. These are the friends we need.

Last edited by vicious_cb; 09-18-18 at 21:43.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast