Thread: XM177 Flash Hider & Grenade Ring?

Feedback Score

XM177 Flash Hider & Grenade Ring?

Looking to get the XM177 Flash Hider & Grenade Ring to make a 11.5" barrel at least 16 inches without going to much over that. Brownells info says with the flash hider and grenade ring it's 4.45" long. That puts the length of a 11.5" barrel with them at 15.95".

My question is, would a crush or peel washer put it over 16"? Or would having a muzzle thread protector machined down to .060"/.075" long work? If I went with a machined down thread protector (or something), I could probably have it machined long enough so I wouldn't need the grenade ring. It'll be pinned and welded.

Or does anyone knows of a 4.5" to 5" long muzzle device? As mentioned, I don't want to go much over 16 inches.

Thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Looking to get the XM177 Flash Hider & Grenade Ring to make a 11.5" barrel at least 16 inches without going to much over that. Brownells info says with the flash hider and grenade ring it's 4.45" long. That puts the length of a 11.5" barrel with them at 15.95".

My question is, would a crush or peel washer put it over 16"? Or would having a muzzle thread protector machined down to .060"/.075" long work? If I went with a machined down thread protector (or something), I could probably have it machined long enough so I wouldn't need the grenade ring. It'll be pinned and welded.

Or does anyone knows of a 4.5" to 5" long muzzle device? As mentioned, I don't want to go much over 16 inches.

Thanks, NYH1.
    WHY? Why?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    WHY? Why?
    I need the barrel length to be 16 inches. I want to use parts that I already have. That's all that needs to be said.

Thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't think you are accounting for the barrel threads, IIRC the XM177 on a 11.5 barrel will have an OAL of about 15.5, which is why to get to 16 you need a 12.5 barrel.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I don't think you are accounting for the barrel threads, IIRC the XM177 on a 11.5 barrel will have an OAL of about 15.5, which is why to get to 16 you need a 12.5 barrel.
    Ok, I didn't know that or wasn't thinking of that I should say. I'll have to look at other muzzle devices.

Thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There are XM177 type muzzle devices that are made an inch longer but most are not real good copies and look funny to me.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    There are XM177 type muzzle devices that are made an inch longer but most are not real good copies and look funny to me.
    I have one of these, didn't even know it. It's about 16.5 inches on an 11.5 inch Sionics barrel. Not crazy about it, might not have a choice though.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Check out the XM177 Linear Comp from Griffin Armament. It needs a 12.5" barrel to get to 16".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ODgreenpizza View Post
    Check out the XM177 Linear Comp from Griffin Armament. It needs a 12.5" barrel to get to 16".
    Thanks. I already have the barrel I'm going to use. So I need a 5 to 5.5" muzzle device.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.