Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt XM177E2 Reissue or Colt SP1

Feedback Score

Cool Colt XM177E2 Reissue or Colt SP1

Just for fun, if you were starting a small Colt AR collection and you already have a LE6920 and a AR-15 A4, which one would you get next? Between the two.

Colt M4 Commando is cool, but takes 6-12 months to get which isn't terrible, might as well start the process now.

But that XM177E2 just looks awesome.

EDIT: I purchased the LE6933.

So since I'm always looking ahead. Which one would you get first for range toy and collection. Colt XM177E2 Reissue or an old and used Colt SP1. I am seeing them for $1500 on Gunbroker.

This is a hole I can't seem to get out of.😜
    Last edited by Balthezor; 09-20-18 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    Collection? XM177e2
    Use: 6933.

Feedback Score
    Have you looked at the Brownells Model: XBRN177E2?
    It's not a Colt but it seems to be a nice take on a classic that you can shoot on a regular basis.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Definitely both are going to be for the collection. But will definitely bring them to the range as well.

I saw the other XM177E2 clones like Troy and Brownells. They do look great and are a lot cheaper. But I may spend money on that and then regret it down the road because it's not a Colt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not to be snarky, but the real question is, which to buy first?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    So I got to be in the Troy promo videos for the xm177 and gau5 and they’re decent little guns. They’re cheaper but I feel that the colts have better barrels than Troy and brownells. So if you plan on actually shooting them then get the colt. If you want it to be a safe queen then get a Troy or a colt since it has the proper colt roll marks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Not to be snarky, but the real question is, which to buy first?
    You are 100% This is actually what I meant. Which one to get first and which one to get next year.

With the NFA wait, I can start the process for the Commando now and probably get the XM177E2 next year before the NFA gets stamped...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthezor View Post
    Definitely both are going to be for the collection. But will definitely bring them to the range as well.

I saw the other XM177E2 clones like Troy and Brownells. They do look great and are a lot cheaper. But I may spend money on that and then regret it down the road because it's not a Colt.
    Makes sense, I'm the same way and if I compromise on something instead of getting what I really want I will always regret it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Buy the 6933 now to start the transfer waiting process and get the XM when you can. Maybe you end up actually taking possession of the 6933 maybe you'll have XM money.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Aren't the Colt Retro Re-issues (The M16A1 and the XM177E2) not even made by Colt? I thought Colt was outsourcing production of these to an outfit called US Ordnance or something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast