Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt XM177E2 Reissue or Colt SP1

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I like my Troy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Aren't the Colt Retro Re-issues (The M16A1 and the XM177E2) not even made by Colt? I thought Colt was outsourcing production of these to an outfit called US Ordnance or something.
    This is what I have heard also. Of course it still has the (legal) Colt roll mark, but still.....

Can't forget to add an M4A1 to your collection. It is probably the last iteration of the general issue M4 that we will see. Of course not referring to SOCOM one-off models but general Army Infantry issue. I bought one of the 2018 PW versions with the "U.S. Government Property" roll mark.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    This is what I have heard also. Of course it still has the (legal) Colt roll mark, but still.....

Can't forget to add an M4A1 to your collection. It is probably the last iteration of the general issue M4 that we will see. Of course not referring to SOCOM one-off models but general Army Infantry issue. I bought one of the 2018 PW versions with the "U.S. Government Property" roll mark.
    Is that the LE6920SOCOM? The one with KAC handguard?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The one with the KAC handguard was a different model that I think may have been discontinued. The newest one is the 6920HBPW, which has a Socom profile 14.5" barrel with a pinned and welded extended muzzle device. It has standard handguards IIRC. If they are still around later this fall I may try and grab one...or I might direct the money toward a 6933 and go through the NFA process. I've been putting off getting an SBR fir years now.

Feedback Score
    The one with the KAC handguard was a different model that I think may have been discontinued. The newest one is the 6920HBPW, which has a Socom profile 14.5" barrel with a pinned and welded extended muzzle device. It has standard handguards IIRC. If they are still around later this fall I may try and grab one...or I might direct the money toward a 6933 and go through the NFA process. I've been putting off getting an SBR fir years now.
    That one I believe does not say US Govt Property.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This is incorrect. The newest model is the LE6920SOCOM. It includes the KAC RAS and is as close to a true M4A1 as we’re probably going to see.

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/col...ts-rail-forend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go Commando. No question, no stalling, no wondering, just go Commando.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Aren't the Colt Retro Re-issues (The M16A1 and the XM177E2) not even made by Colt? I thought Colt was outsourcing production of these to an outfit called US Ordnance or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

AFAIK, not made by Colt and ridiculously expensive. But they appear to be the most accurate retro guns that I've seen.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthezor View Post
    Definitely both are going to be for the collection. But will definitely bring them to the range as well.

I saw the other XM177E2 clones like Troy and Brownells. They do look great and are a lot cheaper. But I may spend money on that and then regret it down the road because it's not a Colt.
    Commando first then always buy the Colt or you will regret it, you just said "collection." Collection means Pony!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    U.S. Ordnance builds a lot of stuff for Uncle Sam, so I wouldn't doubt the quality of their builds, however I think the asking price for their A1 clones are a bit steep to say the least. In regards to the OP's question, I recommend the Commando. The XM clone looks nice, but once again I don't think it's work the $2k+ asking price. Now to toss some gas on the fire. If I were looking for an 11.5" Colt, I would buy an LE6943.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast