Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife just texted me;

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wife just texted me;

Apparently her Cousin and her Cousin's Husband were killed by a Drunk Driver yesterday afternoon.
    This is why my Road King is kind of Dusty this summer, people are assholes.

Feedback Score
    Wow. Sorry to hear this.

You're right. People suck. Someone interested can Google who said it, but I've always lived by the philosophy: "Hell is the presence of other people."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Five kids are now orphaned because someone chose to drink and drive.

Feedback Score
    Wow terrible- sorry for your loss - just saw about the children - absolutely horrible.
    Im assuming they were on a bike based on your post... thats the turn-off for me, you can do everything right and get killed by someone (drunk or not paying attention) much easier than a car.

Stay safe out there.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-20-18 at 11:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    My mom used to rent an apartment. The owners' grandkids were killed by a drunk driver. It destroyed their whole outlook on life. Their health failed and one of them died not long after. The other one may be dead by now.

When I worked for the prison system there was a guy in for felony DWI and involuntary manslaughter. He had so many convictions he no longer qualified for a misdemeanor charge. On top of that his last arrest involved killing a couple of people.

I sometimes think if the DWI laws were as strict as the civil forfeiture laws there would never be another drunk driving death. Drive while drunk; lose your house. That would stop a lot of people I think. Trouble is: a lot of drunk drivers are scumbags with nothing other than the keys to a car, so what do you do do them?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Three of those kids are under seven.
    I'm asking the Wife how we can help, She's just numb at this point.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In Jesus sweet name- blessings on the children, family, friends & loved ones.
    If approved by mods, would there be anyway we as a board could help maybe? Im in for a donation.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 09-20-18 at 12:17.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This shit. Right here.

Is why I will always be an advocate for bringing back Roman and or Medieval forms of punishment.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Apparently her Cousin and her Cousin's Husband were killed by a Drunk Driver yesterday afternoon.
    This is why my Road King is kind of Dusty this summer, people are assholes.
    My wife's parents were killed by a drunk shortly before our wedding. I know what it's like. Having a cop show up on your doorstep late night one evening is weird (for us at least); having them accompanied by a priest is very ominous. No I won't forget that.

I have nothing positive to say. But if you are able, you need to step up and do everything you can for their children. They will be traumatized, probably really messed up for years in ways you wouldn't expect, and permanently messed up for life to a lesser extent. You don't want to hear that, but it's reality. You are welcome to PM or email me if I can provide any more guidance.

MADD can provide some useful resources, but they also have some strange people of their own, so I would sample lightly at the MADD buffet then go on your way.

The children, through their guardian/estate, will want to sue the driver and anyone else who may be responsible. Get on that immediately because a lot of the evidence they need is people's memory, not written notes, and it will fade very fast. I don't care if this sounds like ambulance chasing, unless the family was incredibly wealthy the kids are going to need every dime they can get from any legitimate claim they may have.

Again, PM me if I can help.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wow.. condolences are not enough.. Very sorry to hear. In our house we have zero tolerances for dwi and texting. Doc, I'm stealing your quote, soo true. "Hell is the presence of other people."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast