Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cutting 16” DPMS to 14.88”

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The SS from Wilson Combat stands for, “Super Sniper.”

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/super-sniper/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Lol that makes sense now. I thought it might stand for Stainless steal but I also wasn’t sure if it stood for something like “special steal” as I’ve been told Wilson uses a special steal in their barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ahhhh, the elusive DPMS 16" Wilson Combat Super Sniper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Not sure if this is slow day trolling or not so we'll indulge it. The last thing I would do is take a DPMS barrel and spend any amount of money cutting it down, pinning and welding or anything else.
    “The Little Shop of Trollers” has been off for a week, so it was time to get the band back together.

It’s always pretty obvious, but I’m still surprised at the amount of people that continually fall for their BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I legit lol’d at this.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Ahhhh, the elusive DPMS 16" Wilson Combat Super Sniper.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm unexpectedly stuck in a hotel room for the night, so have little else to occupy my time.

I actually have an old DPMS early-AWB-era 16" non-lined .223 Remington upper sitting in a closet. I sold off the lower over 5 years ago, and couldn't get him to take the upper, even for an extra $100. I haven't shot it in many years, and likely never will again.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I'm unexpectedly stuck in a hotel room for the night, so have little else to occupy my time.

I actually have an old DPMS early-AWB-era 16" non-lined .223 Remington upper sitting in a closet. I sold off the lower over 5 years ago, and couldn't get him to take the upper, even for an extra $100. I haven't shot it in many years, and likely never will again.
    I have a DPMS Lower that is almost 20 years old. It is a SBR and has been refitted with CMT parts and that this has about 45K through it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I’m honestly not sure. I got it second hand from my cousin. He said it’s what was on his rifle he used in MARSOC before getting out and contracting. I think it’s coated in bake-a-lite or whatever you call it, it’s black in color. It only says “Wilson SS 1/8” towards the muzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iirc they use Melotite- better than chrome lining(no chance of flaking , chipping, or peeling). More accuracy.
    Might want to take it to 14.7” for moar weight reduction for better transisions.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-20-18 at 21:37.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234