Thread: Magnifier brightness compared to lpvo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Magnifier brightness compared to lpvo

The only magnified red dot I have tried was using an Aimpoint PRO and a gutted Hensoldt rocket sight (assuming 1" or 26mm tube?) and it was not close to the brightness level of my Steiner P4XI.

Is that just due to the smaller tube diameter of the Hensoldt and/or combining the 2 optics? Or is the brightness on any of the purpose built 3x magnifiers getting in to the same ballpark as the Steiner P4XI?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Better glass and big ocular lens most likely. A scope is built to be a scope and do scope things well. A magnifier behind a red dot is kind of a fix, not a true solution. Not say it doesn’t work and work well but a purpose built item is usually going to be better.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The only magnified red dot I have tried was using an Aimpoint PRO and a gutted Hensoldt rocket sight (assuming 1" or 26mm tube?) and it was not close to the brightness level of my Steiner P4XI.

Is that just due to the smaller tube diameter of the Hensoldt and/or combining the 2 optics? Or is the brightness on any of the purpose built 3x magnifiers getting in to the same ballpark as the Steiner P4XI?
    I liked my G33 behind a t2 more than my NXS 1-4 when both were set at 3.25x, except that with looking into lights at night (observing a lit area from a dark area), the g33 managed light scatter and glare notably less effectively.