G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock and loctite

Feedback Score
    So trijicon contacted me and told me to use green loctite 290 instead. So I am gonna try that. Do you apply it just like regular loctite a little on the thread then install? It says to use green 290 on pre assembled screws.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    So trijicon contacted me and told me to use green loctite 290 instead. So I am gonna try that. Do you apply it just like regular loctite a little on the thread then install? It says to use green 290 on pre assembled screws.
    Green loctite 290 is a 'wicking' thread locker - it will seep through the threads via capilary action and sets. Red and Blue are 'anaerobic' threadlockers - they will set in the absence of air as they fill the voids between the threads on tightened fasteners.

According to the data shee t'green' sets via the same action - The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. The product can also fillporosity in welds, castings and powdered metal parts.

Also on the data sheet: For Assembly 1. For Blind Holes, apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole

Notice this says 'for assembly' versus 'for pre-assembled threaded parts with through hole' - I read someplace else the the green IS NOT recommended for use on PRE-ASSEMBLED THREADED PARTS IN BLIND HOLES

www.loctite.sg/sea/content_data/93808_290EN.pdf

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-24-18 at 16:02.
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

“You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesn’t turn around you, so it’s important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference.” - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I don’t think there is going to be an issue. I use blue loctite for all of my sight installs. They’ll sit over night and then off to the range the next morning. No issues with lubrication affecting the thread locker.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    last night I redid the front sights on my glocks and everything was good so this morning I was gonna take them out to go shooting so I was cleaning it and someone knocked over my clp onto the slide and spilled all over the slide. Is it possible for the clp to affect the red loctite in the sight since it hasn't been 24 hours yet to dry all the way?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12