Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A bit of good news for Colt...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Doubling down on the above post - thanks for taking the time to fill us in.
    Ditto. 3ACR_Scout's post is the sort of informative post that brought me to M4C in the first place.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    FMS program is ( usually );US dollars that must be spent on US manufactured products. Everything I have seen run through that program has been Uncle Sugar’s money that had to be spent on US goods - usually administered by US gov in conjunction with the foreign national mil rep
    Last edited by quackhead; 09-20-18 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I want to see Colt return to it's glory days, but I'm not sure about selling weapons to a lot of those places.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Likely just the initial order number with a contract ceiling of $57M

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    FMS program is ( usually );US dollars that must be spent on US manufactured products. Everything I have seen run through that program has been Uncle Sugar’s money that had to be spent on US goods - usually administered by US gov in conjunction with the foreign national mil rep
    When you are talking about Egypt "buying" F-15s or Greece's Apache FMS that is certainly true. Not all FMS transfers are funded by the U.S.

We just delivered an FMS package that was paid for by the foreign country, and are about to bid on a very large FMS contract for a European country that will be (mostly) purchased by that country, not the U.S.

FMS contracts also include the cost for the U.S. government to administer/oversee the program, another reason that you cannot compare the cost of this contract to the simple purchase of X number of M-4s.

The simple need to scrub non-exportable information from technical documentation adds significant cost to FMS contracts.

If a country receives a Patriot missile system, for example, the capabilities and techical documents may not be the same as a system fielded to the U.S.

Full disclosure - Raytheon sell Patriot systems, and I have zero affiliation with Raytheon. That was a theoretical example.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-21-18 at 09:34. Reason: my phone hates me

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    That’s why I put “ usually “ in there. I should have clarified that can be US or Foreign funds. Most I have seen have been US Funds

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    That’s why I put “ usually “ in there. I should have clarified that can be US or Foreign funds. Most I have seen have been US Funds
    If I sounded argumentative, I apologize. I intended to add to what you said, not contradict it. One of the things I like about FMS is that they benefit U.S. companies

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-21-18 at 09:51.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Not at all. Was just adding to my post as I tend to be brief in responses -especially when done on my phone and the numerous typos to go with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Doesn’t 7n6 have a thread about this?
    Not sure why they would choose the extremely 'unreliable when filled with mud and other extreme elements' M4 over the venerable and indestructible AK.

Someone should inform them that the AK was the ONLY gun that passed all the extreme environment tests...... so......
    Last edited by B Cart; 09-21-18 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    Apparently some arid, sandy, dusty countries like Tunisia, Morocco, and Jordan want the M4 so that probably says something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast