Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A bit of good news for Colt...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Many of those countries use AKs, but if you want to buy from the U.S., that means you buy American (with some very few exceptions). If you use U.S. assistance money, you’re definitely buying American. The U.S. is a very desirable source of arms because of all the things mentioned above - the support package that comes with the sale. Many countries also like M4s for their Special Operations folks, for the same reason that we use them - low recoil, lightweight, and very effective in close quarters.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that FMS usually involves countries buying from us with U.S. money, but you’ll definitely see that in countries where we are supporting them financially, like Afghanistan. In contrast, there are a lot of big sales, like 1,000 MRAPs for Bahrain, Abrams for Saudi Arabia, or C-17s for UAE, where those countries are putting up big cash money themselves. Then there are countries like Pakistan, where, as I mentioned above, certain sales programs are funded with our money, others with their own money, and some with a combination (they kick in some to make up for a shortage in U.S. assistance funds).

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-26-18 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    So we basically pay them to buy our AR's?
    It isn't exactly a rare occurrence, nor are any nations obligated to take the money in the first place or use the weapons once they have them.

Feedback Score
    There's also "Excess Defense Articles" which covers a wide range of equipment:

http://www.dsca.mil/sites/default/fi...rt_4-6-18.xlsx

Feedback Score
    Yes, our tax dollars funding those countries that have done such a bang up job controlling the Taliban and Al-Qaeda. It was soooo tough for Bin Laden to have a cheesy compound in Pakistan. I don't know about you, but the last time I checked my wallet there was a note in there from Uncle Sam stating, "You need to give more of your hard earned tax dollars so we can squander it overseas!". just sayin...
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Yes, our tax dollars funding those countries that have done such a bang up job controlling the Taliban and Al-Qaeda. It was soooo tough for Bin Laden to have a cheesy compound in Pakistan. I don't know about you, but the last time I checked my wallet there was a note in there from Uncle Sam stating, "You need to give more of your hard earned tax dollars so we can squander it overseas!". just sayin...
    Been happening a long time.

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123