Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rifle Build Plans

Feedback Score

New Rifle Build Plans

I think I’m finally finished laying out the plans for the next rifle setup. This will fill the roles of home defense, hunting, night shooting, and extended range plinking. Probably gonna take a carbine course or 3 as well. Basically I want a two-tone black and tan do-it-all gun. Some of these items have waiting periods so it’ll take a while, but I think it’ll be worth it.

Knight’s SR-15 14.5” Mod 2 MLOK Upper Black
    Radian AX556 Lower Black
    Geissele SSA-E
    BH 50 TSX for HD
    Barnes 70 Vor-TX for hunting
    BH 77 TMK for pushing the envelope
    Mapgul Bipod FDE when running TMK
    NF NX8 1-8x24
    Scalarworks LEAP/Scope Mount
    MOE SL Stock FDE
    MOE-K2+ Grip FDE
    SF M600DF Desert Tan at 10:30 with Arisaka Inline Scout Mount FDE
    MAWL-C1+ Tan
    Gen 3 PMAGs FDE
    Knight’s QDC CQB FDE
    Radian Raptor-SD Charging Handle

Any thoughts are much appreciated. I think that fully loaded this thing will weigh around 9-10 pounds, does that sound accurate? If so, is that too heavy?
    Last edited by BallisticHarmony; 09-20-18 at 19:11. Reason: Added the Radian Raptor-SD

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Too heavy is relative to you and your use. But that looks like a really solid setup. Why not go with a Knight’s lower?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Too heavy is relative to you and your use. But that looks like a really solid setup. Why not go with a Knight’s lower?
    Radian’s lower has a special feature where the bolt can be locked to the rear simply by pulling the charging handle while depressing the magazine release.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    Radian’s lower has a special feature where the bolt can be locked to the rear simply by pulling the charging handle while depressing the magazine release.
    If you want that option, I have a Boonie Packer redi-catch installed on my SR-15 and BCM that does the same thing, but costs $40. It's very simple and well built, too.

https://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l...ct_detail&p=61

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    I think I’m finally finished laying out the plans for the next rifle setup. This will fill the roles of home defense, hunting, night shooting, and extended range plinking. Probably gonna take a carbine course or 3 as well. Basically I want a two-tone black and tan do-it-all gun. Some of these items have waiting periods so it’ll take a while, but I think it’ll be worth it.

Knight’s SR-15 14.5” Mod 2 MLOK Upper Black
    Radian AX556 Lower Black
    blah
    blah
    blah
    blah
    So if we weed out the fantasy list, you want a KAC upper on a Radian lower with G trigger?

Its fine if that is what you actually want.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I had two thoughts.

1. If this is a “next rifle build,” is it really going to be his (or her) do-it-all gun?

2. $$$.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I had two thoughts.

1. If this is a “next rifle build,” is it really going to be his (or her) do-it-all gun?

2. $$$.
    1. Yes, this is taking over all long gun responsibilities.
    2. I’d rather spend the money here than elsewhere, different strokes.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    No judgement. If 1. is true, then 2. makes sense.
    I think that lower is hard to beat, unless someone insists on forged.

Feedback Score
    Thoughts? You just listed top quality stuff, so not sure what your looking for.

Grips, stocks, mags are all preference/disposable items so I wont comment on those.
    Same with ammo.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Your upper/lower combo sounds inspired by Garand_Thumb Instagram.

It’ll do the job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast