Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the fascination with a LPVO on an AR?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I like the simplicity of the ACOG, and it is almost a pound lighter.
    That appeals to me too. I don't setup all my rifles the same way--currently have one running aimpoint and 2 with LPVO's. But the ACOG appeals for those reasons and its durability. If I could run one on one rifle I would, but they don't have a diopter adjustment which for me is a limitation.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    That appeals to me too. I don't setup all my rifles the same way--currently have one running aimpoint and 2 with LPVO's. But the ACOG appeals for those reasons and its durability. If I could run one on one rifle I would, but they don't have a diopter adjustment which for me is a limitation.
    Por que why?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Por que why?
    Still have 20/15 at distance, but some astigmatism and presbyopia making things blurry up close. Prefer to shoot without RX lenses but optics without a diopter usually force me to. If you know a way around that with ACOG, let me know, I'd be seriously interested in running one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Still have 20/15 at distance, but some astigmatism and presbyopia making things blurry up close. Prefer to shoot without RX lenses but optics without a diopter usually force me to. If you know a way around that with ACOG, let me know, I'd be seriously interested in running one.
    make your own diopter: take an old pair of eye glasses that have plastic lenses. cut one lens to the size of the rear acog optic. retain it against the acog optic using a whatever you like (see-thru flip cap with center removed, clear packing tape, tape, silicone, bottle cap that fits over scope after cutting out the center, "duck" tape...)

Feedback Score
    I have a Kahles K16i and an Aimpoint T2. I'm just as fast with the K16i as the T2, it's also a much bigger FOV.

The K16i is like putting on VR goggles at 1x, just insane.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTaco View Post
    I have a Kahles K16i and an Aimpoint T2. I'm just as fast with the K16i as the T2, it's also a much bigger FOV.

This. I’ve heard this so much. I’m gonna get one at some point but while LPVOs have come a long way, there’s still room for improvement. Lighter, smaller, at least 1-6.

Some of these optics seem great until you start thinking “gee why not just make it an SPR then?”

A carbine should be light, rugged, and handy.

My Colt seems super dated compared to some people’s guns but I don’t mind tossing it in the truck and it’s not burdensome to take on an impromptu hunt.

The only RDS I seriously use is an eotech simply because aimpoints really do give me vertigo sorta. I get eye fatigue. Maybe I am getting older and I have tried mounting it closer and farther and it just makes me not even bother. RMRs, MROs, and EOtechs don’t do that to me. It’s not fanboyism or trying to “be different”

The dot on an aimpoint is certainly clearer and sharper but how it is in that housing gives me tunnel vision.

YMMV
    Last edited by Firefly; 09-17-19 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    I had an opportunity to use one for an afternoon and it truly was amazing. As good as the Razor is, the k16i is better all around and, for the money, it should be. The only potential knock is SFP affecting mil drops.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTaco View Post

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    No. Irons don’t have the ability to see into your window and check you out in the shower.

You really need magnification to see “you”
    LMAO, don't forget the lube you brought to JPMuscles & Fireflies house.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This. I’ve heard this so much. I’m gonna get one at some point but while LPVOs have come a long way, there’s still room for improvement. Lighter, smaller, at least 1-6.

Some of these optics seem great until you start thinking “gee why not just make it an SPR then?”

A carbine should be light, rugged, and handy.

My Colt seems super dated compared to some people’s guns but I don’t mind tossing it in the truck and it’s not burdensome to take on an impromptu hunt.

The only RDS I seriously use is an eotech simply because aimpoints really do give me vertigo sorta. I get eye fatigue. Maybe I am getting older and I have tried mounting it closer and farther and it just makes me not even bother. RMRs, MROs, and EOtechs don’t do that to me. It’s not fanboyism or trying to “be different”

The dot on an aimpoint is certainly clearer and sharper but how it is in that housing gives me tunnel vision.

YMMV
    The K16i is a great scope, if not for the Z8i I would still be personally using it. We have a couple on the rifles at work here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    The K16i is a great scope, if not for the Z8i I would still be personally using it. We have a couple on the rifles at work here.
    Point of personal privilege, comrade. I need pics of Z8i eyebox and details on FOV

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast