Thread: Get back on that horse

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Get back on that horse

Have decided to resume NRA NM Across the Course Competition after a 20 year hiatus. I was a traveling pipefitter/welder for 40 years
    and missed many opportunities to leg out because of work conflicts and family obligations.
    Kids are grown and gone, I'm retired and looking for a challenge, 68 years old in good health, good eyesight and reasonably athletic,
    walk 4 miles every morning, work a stack machine and free weights every other day, still flexible.
    Been looking at the Rock River NM A2 AR-15 rifle as a reintroduction rifle, SS 1/8" twist Wylde chamber, free floated, RR NM 1/2 minute
    sights, trigger, seems to be a bargain, anyone have one ?
    I am 8 points from legging out, only real drawback here is that registered shoots are a pretty good drive away and not as frequent as I
    would like, but what the hell.
    I have been reading quite a bit about the new optics rule and how the national championship have been dominated by them since inception
    of the scope rule, apparently the NRA/CMP has lacked the wisdom to define a separate optics class and it is creating some division.
    Last edited by lowprone; 09-23-18 at 16:07.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Lowprone-how has this gone for you? I have some familiarity with this on the .mil side, but assume the civilian side would be much more competitive.