G&R Tactical

Thread: Any legal way to import Chinese guns from Canada?

Feedback Score

Any legal way to import Chinese guns from Canada?

After a Chinese gun has been in Canada for a certain amount of time or if it is re-made or re-manufactured in Canada, is it possible to get it imported into the US?

Maybe for example making a 922 compliance kit here in the US, then shipping those parts to Canada then having them re-make or re-manufacture it there, then ship the finished product to the US?
    TED
    Last edited by TED; 09-21-18 at 01:14.

Feedback Score
    If there was a way someone would have done it.
    Last I recall it has to be owned by that country for X amount of years before being considered "Canadian". When the Bulgarian AKSUs came in 10 years ago they were actually Russian but had been in Bulgaria for over 5 years and were now considered "Bulgarian"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    After a Chinese gun has been in Canada for a certain amount of time or if it is re-made or re-manufactured in Canada, is it possible to get it imported into the US?
    Sure. It would need a sporting use exemption, just like any other imported gun.

Feedback Score
    Couple years ago on gunbroker, I saw a SIG 550 "Black Special". My understanding these were imported into Canada only during the 90's. Someone must have applied to have it imported into the US but not sure how they did it.

Feedback Score
    Years ago, a batch of FAMAS rifles were imported into Canada by CAI - CN. Forget the Chinese stuff. Grab the FAMAS.

A Type 81 would be kewl. After five years in Canada, I doubt the Alphabet folks would approve an import - even with US 922 parts.