Thread: Any legal way to import Chinese guns from Canada?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Any legal way to import Chinese guns from Canada?

After a Chinese gun has been in Canada for a certain amount of time or if it is re-made or re-manufactured in Canada, is it possible to get it imported into the US?

Maybe for example making a 922 compliance kit here in the US, then shipping those parts to Canada then having them re-make or re-manufacture it there, then ship the finished product to the US?
    TED
    Last edited by TED; 09-21-18 at 01:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If there was a way someone would have done it.
    Last I recall it has to be owned by that country for X amount of years before being considered "Canadian". When the Bulgarian AKSUs came in 10 years ago they were actually Russian but had been in Bulgaria for over 5 years and were now considered "Bulgarian"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    After a Chinese gun has been in Canada for a certain amount of time or if it is re-made or re-manufactured in Canada, is it possible to get it imported into the US?
    Sure. It would need a sporting use exemption, just like any other imported gun.

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-26-18 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    Years ago, a batch of FAMAS rifles were imported into Canada by CAI - CN. Forget the Chinese stuff. Grab the FAMAS.

A Type 81 would be kewl. After five years in Canada, I doubt the Alphabet folks would approve an import - even with US 922 parts.