Thread: Thoughts on scope riser

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thoughts on scope riser

I recently bought a Steiner p4xi with an Aero Precision mount. NIce and light combo, and I'm enjoying the Steiner, but I feel like I have to crane my neck and dip my head a lot. I've seen the 1.93 mounts, but don't want to drop the coin without trying the concept first. I'm thinking of getting a Leupold .5 inch riser, that would the height right at 2 inch or slightly under. Was wondering if anyone has tried this out and what were your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Assume you like the height, do you think you’d be up for keeping that setup the way it is? Or would you then be tempted to just get a 1.93” mount? I haven’t used a riser, but going from the standard mount to a 1.93” worked perfectly for me. My guess is it’ll be much easier for you to sell a 1.93 mount if you didn’t like it, then sell the riser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea, if I like it I'll be getting a 1.93 mount eventually. Coming from a lower 1/3 red dot, I think a higher scope mount will feel more natural.

I have a read it's harder to get a consistent cheek weld/sight picture with a 1.93 mount and scope.
    Last edited by sbrown3; 09-21-18 at 18:39.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrown3 View Post
    Yea, if I like it I'll be getting a 1.93 mount eventually. Coming from a lower 1/3 red dot, I think a higher scope mount will feel more natural.

I have a read it's harder to get a consistent cheek weld/sight picture with a 1.93 mount and scope.
    I made a post about that on a different thread within the last 48 hours. I found that to be overblown. As long as you don’t spend 50% of the time shooting groups and/or long range, the trade off is definitely worth it.

FYI - I’m normally an RDS shooter. One gun has a T2 in lower 1/3 mount and the gun that my Steiner and G 1.93 mount are on did have an EXPS-3. It’s probably not for everyone, but had I known, I would’ve skipped right over the standard (1.54?) scope mount at the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It will be going on a patrol rifle. The only time I prone or shoot from the bench is to zero. Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I went to 1.93 mounts too. Feels similar to my Aimpoints when I mount the rifle. Trying the riser first is an inexpensive way to give the concept a try. If you find out it wasn't what you thought it would be you aren't out too much.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just mounted my P4XI with a Leupold .5 inch riser. I'm liking it so far, definitely a more heads up position. More of a chin weld, but I have no problem getting a consistent stock placement. I'm happy I made the decision to get a riser, now time to save up for a Giessele 1.93