Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noob question: Colt SP1 and old age factor

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Not sure I would pay 1150.00 for an AR15A4. I'd probably do some shopping and check someplace like Gunbroker first.

G&R Tactical has them for $100 cheaper. I can't recall if there is an M4C discount on Colt firearms, but it is still $100 cheaper.....

http://www.gandrtactical.com/Colt-AR...fle_p_241.html
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Yep, or that. Especially in light of the fact that it looked like he was taking him for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    G&R Tactical has them for $100 cheaper. I can't recall if there is an M4C discount on Colt firearms, but it is still $100 cheaper.....

http://www.gandrtactical.com/Colt-AR...fle_p_241.html

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Yep, or that. Especially in light of the fact that it looked like he was taking him for a ride.

Now that you point it out, that does seem to sound like the type of place where the mag and carry handle go missing.... If they are going to con you one way, they will do it another way or another day as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Buncheong;2660637]Price was originally $1100 when I talked to the clerk but since, seller upped the price tag to $1500. Looks nice outside, I’d like to see the BCG and receiver interior, but have to wait for the owner (who works p/t in the shop) to come in Monday.

Meanwhile, the Colt AR15A4 is calling me @ $1150, too, so...

Thanks to all of you for the excellent information, you’ve given me much to think about and consider. I very much appreciate the time you’ve taken to write up and share your thoughts, here. Much obliged.

AU is selling Colt A4’s 975$ shipped
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Sp1 in good shape are going for 12-1600$. AU is selling Colt A4’s for 975$ shipped. I got one last month. I also got me a brownells M16A1 clone. It’s pretty cool. 1-1100$ I think
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    A1s do look cool though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will add this. I would not spend the money for a SP1 as a regular shooter. I would get the AR15A4 for that. Some guys do shoot their SP1s on a fairly regular basis. I am not one of those. Mine is in pristine condition and shows no signs of use whatsoever and it will stay that way. For me, it is a collectible, not a shooter. Most of my older Colts are not shot. I have plenty of newer ARs, including the retro ARs I have built, for that.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    I'm with Renegade04. My SP1 is badass, but I don't shoot it at all anymore. It is very light and easy to handle, even with a 20" barrel, and is pretty accurate, (I put a carry handle 3 by 9 scope on it years ago, to test). Fore sure if I'm just buying something to shoot, and possibly shoot hard, It's not going to be a SP1. But they are really cool.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I will add this. I would not spend the money for a SP1 as a regular shooter. I would get the AR15A4 for that. Some guys do shoot their SP1s on a fairly regular basis. I am not one of those. Mine is in pristine condition and shows no signs of use whatsoever and it will stay that way. For me, it is a collectible, not a shooter. Most of my older Colts are not shot. I have plenty of newer ARs, including the retro ARs I have built, for that.
    Cannot comprehend...Guns are meant to be shot. Unless your gun belongs in museum somewhere because they only made like 10 of them, there is no reason to not shoot it. Everything on an SP1 you can find replacement parts for while still maintaining the original look and feel of the gun.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 10-09-18 at 00:48.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast