Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Wife Has Cancer

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My thoughts are with you and your family - please keep us updated.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not a praying man, but I'll keep you and your wife in my thoughts. My wife lost two aunts and two uncles to cancer. My boss's wife was also very young when she had breast cancer, maybe mid 30's. It doesn't discriminate. Stay strong and support her in any way she needs. I'm hopeing for a full recovery.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

Yup we are taking things a day or a week at a time. Besides the initial shock of the diagnosis my wife has been a real trooper with everything. She had me cut her hair off with my clippers instead of waiting for it to start coming out in chunks in the bed or shower. It’ll grow back and she’s been cool with wearing hats/wraps.

The cancer coming back is a concern and she’s already planning on being as vigilant as possible. I worry and even though we aren’t there yet I can imagine waiting on scan results will be difficult.

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-26-18 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    Prayers sent for you and your wife.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sending you and your wife positive thoughts and strength. My mom beat breast cancer in her late 60's. Did a number on her psychologically and she hasn't really been the same since. The support groups are a great idea. Sounds like your wife has a great attitude which I think is key.
    Last edited by Vegas; 09-22-18 at 11:40.

Feedback Score
    Both my parents had cancer in the early '90's. My dad had colon and my mom had lung and intestinal. They're both 72 and are fine and well today.

My grandma pasted away from breast cancer in '96. She didn't go to the Dr. until it was to late, my grandpa was sick so she was dealing with him.

My wife's best friend had breast cancer in 2015. All has been well since.

A good friends dad had lung cancer in the early 2000's (after his second heart attack ) and is good to go.

I tell these stories to let you know there's definitely hope. You guys do the right things and your wife will be fine my friend!

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thoughts and prayers for your wife and your family. I have three gals that I lift up in prayer on a regular basis.

One is/was a coworker that got diagnosed in her early thirties also, she did the chemo and masectomy thing, this was 30 years ago, several years before I met her, she'll retire next year. Another is my former bosses wife, she was diagnosed almost 20 years ago, in her forties. And finally, my cousin, who was late thirties. My cousing had a double masectomy and since she hadn't been endowed well to begin with, went full out Pam Anderson for a while, she laughed about it. She had a bad scan a couple months ago and is back at the chemo. She'll make it. The one thing these women all have in common is that in their own ways they are tougher than nails and have nothing but a positive attitude.

Good luck to your wife, be strong for her.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Very sorry man. My thoughts are with you both.

Cancer is an indiscriminate and evil bitch.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Sending prayers for a favorable resolution, in addition to good thoughts your way.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast