Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of PMAGs cracking open when hot?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Never seen this happen to Gen 2 / 3 mags stored in vehicles durIng extreme heat ( way over 100. ) No experience with orIginal shiny black P mags stored in vehicles with excessive heat

Feedback Score
    Through the last 5 years and on 6 different gun forums, this is the first mention I've heard of Pmags splitting at the seams for any reason. I've seen a few mentions of feed lips warping out of shape on long term storage of loaded Gen I mags, but nothing about any Gen splitting at the seams. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it seems like the extreme heat inside a vehicle in the Summer would be more detrimental to the ammo than to the Pmags.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This coming from the guy who allows no internal mods to guns used in his classes. Why does anyone give this guy time or money?

https://youtu.be/NE0Tx70KJiQ

So yeah, that Geissele trigger is too unreliable. Only factory parts.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    This coming from the guy who allows no internal mods to guns used in his classes. Why does anyone give this guy time or money?

So yeah, that Geissele trigger is too unreliable. Only factory parts.
    I was just about to post about this guys new policy. He just lost all credibility in my eyes. Not to mention alienated a lot of potential students.

I understand where he’s coming from, but IMO he took his policy way too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    I was just about to post about this guys new policy. He just lost all credibility in my eyes. Not to mention alienated a lot of potential students.

I understand where he’s coming from, but IMO he took his policy way too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get where Reid is coming from where people might be bringing cheap builds to class and they break, this could stop the entire class while they are trying to fix it, that or people have tried charge backs because they couldn't complete the class.
    This could have been addressed by saying if your gun breaks because of modifications or home builds and you don't have a backup, there is no refund.

On to PMags, I'm sure the first gens had issues, but which first Gen of anything doesn't. I've had plenty of 2nd generation mags hit cement in brutally hot and near sub zero temperatures and never had an issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I get where Reid is coming from where people might be bringing cheap builds to class and they break, this could stop the entire class while they are trying to fix it, that or people have tried charge backs because they couldn't complete the class.
    This could have been addressed by saying if your gun breaks because of modifications or home builds and you don't have a backup, there is no refund.
    He could have said that, but he didn't. He chose to make a whiney rant video and now it's coming back to bite him in the ass. A lot of the people listed in his bio run guns with internal mods.

Back to PMags, The first gens may have had some issues, I've yet to hear of or see a Gen2/3 fracture from heat or cold.
    Last edited by Vandal; 09-23-18 at 11:19.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've had a few in the trunks of patrol cars for years and never heard it or saw it, and that's in the South so add in humidity too. I don't think I have any but 1st gen as I tried them , used them, and then went back to aluminum.

As for Mods for classes, yea, does he check them first!
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post

Many would be surprised at the number of other instructors that have privately expressed the same sentiments as Reid. And who they are.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Many would be surprised at the number of other instructors that have privately expressed the same sentiments as Reid. And who they are.
    On that note, I believe it is LAV who does not allow appendix carry in his classes. It’s their business, they can run it as they see fit. That’s part of what’s great about free markets. As the customer you get to decide where to spend your hard earned money!

As for Pmags, I have witnessed tan mags that were partially loaded spit right up the spine and send rounds spewing out past the feed lips after a reload and the partial mag hit the deck. Maybe gen1 or gen2, not really sure. There is some info out there regarding the weakening of polymers with the introduction of different dyes. The M3 sand colored pmag rectified this issue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone heard of PMAGs cracking open when hot?

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    On that note, I believe it is LAV who does not allow appendix carry in his classes. It’s their business, they can run it as they see fit.
    Yea but Reid isn’t talking about a safety concern.

Demanding a factory made gun is going a little overboard, does anyone here own a complete factory AR? I don’t. I can’t think of anyone I know that does that doesn’t just sit in the safe.

You mod your gun as you shoot your gun. You learn about what works and what doesn’t.

Quality parts makes more of a difference than a factory gun. Swine companies can’t crank out a decent turd if they tried, does that make my guns worse for the fact that it didn’t come from the factory that way? Even though I can shoot a lot more than yours without a malfunction.

I’ve tuned my guns, and modded as necessary, I know they can all shoot, without malfunctions. I know my guns inside and out and would take them over even a factory DD or BCM. I know because they were once upon a time factory DD and BCM guns.

On topic: I’ve forgot loaded Pmags in my car for over a month in the Southern AZ heat without issue. Gen2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 09-23-18 at 16:19.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast