Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of PMAGs cracking open when hot?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I know I don't have a factory gun. I don't think there's two parts of the same brand touching!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree with the man entirely. In todays plethora of gun parts & add ons...youtube how-to videos, and Bubba gunsmithing & reloading, I dont want to have either my time & money wasted on some dipshit who f-uped a firearm or reloaded some dangerous ass ammo that blew shrapnel all over the place when the gun blew up. Almost EVERY time I go to a range I see some form of clown show shit. Im getting to where I HATE these dangerous, ignorant, STUPID, hip firing, mag emptying, douche bags. I would absolutely EXPECT to not have my time & money wasted while taking a class that Ive spent thousands on, took vacation off from work to attend, practiced for, geared up for- and have all that pissed away on some gun goober who shouldnt ever be allowed to touch a gun, much less own or shoot one.
    We are-and always have been & always will be- our own worst enemy.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It's science!

"Effect of coloring on properties

The effect of pigment on the properties of moldings depends on the type and the amount of pigment added. There are two types of pigments i.e. organic and inorganic, and inorganic metal compounds are mainly used for the resin of high melting point such as engineering plastics. We recommend that ratio of natural color material to masterbatch is 20 to 1 in the case of masterbatch method. Since pigment is basically foreign matter contaminating molded products, it never has any good influence on their properties. However, since the amount of pigment added is very limited and its particle size is very small, it does not happen that the properties of the moldings are badly spoiled by the addition of pigment.

The effect of coloring on each property is summarized below for your reference.

(1) Mechanical property
    Slight reduction in strength and some reduction in tenacity may possibly be induced by coloring. The comparison between DURACON M90-44 natural and colored (red and yellow) is shown below as an example.

Properties of DURACON M90-44 (Colored material is a blend of M90-44 and masterbatch M90-07)

Property Unit Natural Red Yellow
    Tensile strength MPa 62.5 61.1 61.0
    Tensile elongation % 35.5 26.8 27.0
    Flexural strength MPa 86.6 79.5 80.5
    Flexural modulus of elasticity MPa 2500 2280 2310
    Charpy impact strength kJ/m2 5.8 6.4 6.0

Also, please note that the reduction in mechanical properties tends to become more significant, when glass-fiber reinforced plastic is colored in white by the addition of white pigment made of titanium compounds to increase whiteness."

I copy/pasted that off of a plastics engineering website. The graph with all of the technical information didn't quite come out right so ignore that if you want. It is noted that in the breakdown for weather resistance that the polymer is essentially unaffected by coloring. I'm guessing the whole "they split when in sitting in a hot car" is an error on the end users part as they were most likely split from prior use and abuse and this was only noticed after pulling the mags out of the car.

As for LAV and the safety concern with appendix carry, I suppose you could argue, after reading Straight Shooter's post, that the same argument could be made for this company's (Valor Ridge) policy. Stupid, yes. Just don't give them your money.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    This coming from the guy who allows no internal mods to guns used in his classes. Why does anyone give this guy time or money?

https://youtu.be/NE0Tx70KJiQ

So yeah, that Geissele trigger is too unreliable. Only factory parts.

Because the vast majority of people cannot home build a gun correctly
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Because the vast majority of people cannot home build a gun correctly
    That is likely to include many factory guns.

This guy is a fool and has been written off my list of potential instructors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I agree with the man entirely. In todays plethora of gun parts & add ons...youtube how-to videos, and Bubba gunsmithing & reloading, I dont want to have either my time & money wasted on some dipshit who f-uped a firearm or reloaded some dangerous ass ammo that blew shrapnel all over the place when the gun blew up. Almost EVERY time I go to a range I see some form of clown show shit. Im getting to where I HATE these dangerous, ignorant, STUPID, hip firing, mag emptying, douche bags. I would absolutely EXPECT to not have my time & money wasted while taking a class that Ive spent thousands on, took vacation off from work to attend, practiced for, geared up for- and have all that pissed away on some gun goober who shouldnt ever be allowed to touch a gun, much less own or shoot one.

100% correct answer

Feedback Score

Anyone heard of PMAGs cracking open when hot?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post

Are these the type of people going to training? Have you ever been to training which the instructor advocated or even allowed “hip-firing mag dumps”?

Perhaps I’ve been to very good courses but I’ve never seen this in courses I’ve been to. The closest thing I’ve seen to what you describe has been DPMS, Bushmaster, and PSA rifles failing and some BCM and DD rifles not working well with Russian ammunition as well as guys fighting with new/unused expensive nylon/cordura they haven’t used until the day of the class and Chi-com knock-offs falling apart.

Last edited by redpillregret; 09-24-18 at 10:58.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    Are these the type of people going to training? Have you ever been to training which the instructor advocated or even allowed “hip-firing mag dumps”?

Perhaps I’ve been to very good courses but I’ve never seen this in courses I’ve been to. The closest thing I’ve seen to what you describe has been DPMS, Bushmaster, and PSA rifles failing and some BCM and DD rifles not working well with Russian ammunition as well as guys fighting with new/unused expensive nylon/cordura they haven’t used until the day of the class and Chi-com knock-offs falling apart.

Yes those type of people go to these classes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Yes those type of people go to these classes.

Perhaps you’re choosing the wrong instructors? I rarely see that.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    Perhaps you’re choosing the wrong instructors? I rarely see that.

Throughout my entire life of shooting and working with firearms, I have seen 4 or 5 people who had guns which I would call a duty/professional grade gun that I could not find a fault with.

I can count these people on one hand.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast