Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone heard of PMAGs cracking open when hot?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think the people who cobble together junk ARs aren't going to buy anything of significantly better quality. I've seen problems with many factory built rifles from Oly, Bushmaster, Stag, whatever.

Scottryan, an entire lifetime of shooting and only 4 or 5 guys with ARs up to your standards? I'd like to hear what you consider GTG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Throughout my entire life of shooting and working with firearms, I have seen 4 or 5 people who had guns which I would call a duty/professional grade gun that I could not find a fault with.

I can count these people on one hand.
    I was speaking to the range behavior allowed by instructors.

But like the above post, I’d like to know what you’d consider professional. If you’ve only seen four or five people with such guns, if it’s anything similar to my definition, perhaps that reaffirms my suggestion you are seeking the wrong instructors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'd heard in the past that black polymer was the most durable, but apparently modern polymers have advanced beyond that (?).

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Because the vast majority of people cannot home build a gun correctly
    Yes. I'm completely sure that any instructor who has trained a lot of students has had quite the collection of ArfTards who bring complete garbage. We shot with a guy this weekend who had a chinese rail and UTG mount for his RDS.

Eventually you quit trying to coach people up.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We've all seen the "just as good as" threads on here and on arfcom. But Reid, as I understand it, is a hardcore constitutional libertarian which is highly individualistic. Yet despite his political beliefs he literally adopting the same one shoe fit all policy that the Left does with their overarching polices and bans.

The Left says we need to punish all gun owners because a few tards misuse firearms. Reid says he's going to ban non-factory guns because a few tards dont know to put together ARs correctly. Whats the difference?
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 09-24-18 at 14:47.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Let me start by saying I am not a MagPul fanboy buy any stretch. I prefer aluminum mags. The splitting at the seams accusation is BS. There isn't a seam. They aren't made by gluing the two halves together. The line you see is where the molds come together. A parting line if you will. I will say this.. If you put a loaded MagPul and a loaded aluminum magazine in an oven and increased the temp in 25 degree increments the plastic magazine would puke first!!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Back to the subject on hand... I've never had issues with my Pmags of any sort, they've all been 100%, and I consider them the industry standard for polymer AR15 magazines. I run mostly GI mags these days, but that decision has nothing to do with quality control issues on Magpul's part.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a few original pmags from Magpul’s first production run. They are training mags that see regular use. They are black. And yes, science dictates that black polymer is stronger. Having said that, even though I’m prior service and was issued dozens upon dozens of aluminum mags, I own more pmags than USGI mags. Just sayin’...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have no issue with my Pmags, some are fully loaded as well, but I also have USGI mags and Lancers. I believe in having different types for the AR platform...
    Last edited by pag23; 09-24-18 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    I have a few original pmags from Magpul’s first production run. They are training mags that see regular use. They are black. And yes, science dictates that black polymer WAS stronger. Having said that, even though I’m prior service and was issued dozens upon dozens of aluminum mags, I own more pmags than USGI mags. Just sayin’...
    Fixed it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234