Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding pizza...

Feedback Score

Regarding pizza...

I was at a local pizza joint the other day, and it occurred to me that anchovies have disappeared off the list of available toppings in most places (not that I miss it one bit). Has this particular topping gone the way of the dodo or do some places still have them?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I was at a local pizza joint the other day, and it occurred to me that anchovies have disappeared off the list of available toppings in most places (not that I miss it one bit). Has this particular topping gone the way of the dodo or do some places still have them?
    They haven't gone away but you won't find them in parlors that have to maintain reasonable prices to stay open. Decent anchovies cost more than shrimp.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Two words.

Millennials.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As an owner of a pizza joint a long time ago, I can say the cost of keeping anchovies on hand vs the frequency of requests did not make economic sense. I would get a request perhaps once every few months.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Two words.

Millennials.
    Yeah, I'm sure that most younger folks aren't even aware this existed. After all there's no app for it

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anchovies on pizza are great if done right, and most restaurants don't which is I never order them. Most restaurants use anchovies like pepperoni, which is horrible. My mother is from Sicily so I grew up eating authentic Sicilian pizza. The trick with anchovies is to break them into little pieces and sparingly put them on the sauce under the cheese. That way they melt into the pizza and give it a great, subtle taste.
    Last edited by flenna; 09-23-18 at 12:18.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A local 'take-and-bake' place well sell you a can of sardines along with red pepper flakes and parmesan.

I remember when red pepper flakes and parmesan was FREE with your order.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    At most of the national chains such as Little Caesar's or Dominoes, pepper flakes and parmesan are free with your order.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This is an international pizza chain with stores in Canada and the Middle East.

https://www.papamurphys.com/
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I grew up in Connecticut, where pizza is a religion, especially around the New Haven area. There were a number of places that did anchovies, and I'd imagine still do. But in CT, clams are the most common seafood of choice for pizza.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast