Thread: Upgrade (Review)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Upgrade (Review)

Upgrade has a interesting premise, some fun dialogue, and action scenes reminiscent of The Matrix. It's visually well done, but looks feels low budget in spots, but that does not detract too much from it. It seems like a movie that once it gets going, it's going to be great, but it never seems really get going. The main character is fairly well developed, the rest of the cast, not so much. While a fun movie worth a view, it had the potential to be a great movie, and that just never develops. The ending was unexpected, so that adds the + for the rating. B+

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No one saw this?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I saw it. Better than most modern sci-fi produced these days in hollywood and television. I didn't feel the need to defend it, as I think it's good enough to handle the criticisms laid. Is it perfect? No. Did I spend my money to see it in theaters? Yes.

This movie blows away trash like Pacific Rimjob 2, Mummy, Justice League, etc.

I put it in the same category as Dredd, and I honestly can't think of a single Sci-Fi movie, other than the aforementioned, who executed its plot and universe as good.

Every production company is attempting to make expansive cinematic universes, like the MCU, but forget to make a solid movie first. When I think of the hundreds of millions of dollars put into these garbage fires, it definitely makes me less likely to go back to the theater.

I will spend my money on quality one-shot movies like Dredd and Upgrade, but not on Rocky 36, Transmorfers 17, and Antman vs the fly swatter.

Feedback Score
    I saw it a few days ago.

Good redbox movie. Worth the watch if you want an action film- not worth buying. Agree with the original rating you gave it.