Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock G45

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Are there any plain Gen 5 G19’s with front slide serrations and no front frame cutouts available yet ?
    Closest you can get is the gen5 19 mos
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Double post blah
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked up mine on Thursday. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to the range to try it out yet. Sure feels great in the hand and the trigger on my example is better than my Gen5 19 or G19x. The rear sight is perfectly centered. I hope to be able to provide a range report as soon as I get back home.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Are there any plain Gen 5 G19’s with front slide serrations and no front frame cutouts available yet ?
    Only way to come close would be to buy a G19.5MOS and G45, then swap the slides.

Not remotely worth it to me, I like my G19.4 and just put a G19.4 FS slide on a converted G23 frame I got from an LE trade in batch.

But once the offer a plain jane G19 Gen 5 without the cutout (FS are a take it or leave it with me right now), I'll be buying.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Still waiting.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    They should just change over all Gen 5 19s to no cut out, it’s universally disliked.
    Your statement is 100% incorrect.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    This^

I'm still on my old gen3 from the early 2000s. Have no reason to buy a new one since they don't offer anything different. Although I have thought about the 5 for it's ambi controls

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    All mine glocks are Gen 2.5/ Gen 3 and a Gen 2 ish 24.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bsspencer42 View Post
    What is very surprising to me is that none of the popular YouTubers or respected review sites that I have seen even mention this change at all. At the very best they tip their hat to the ejection pattern.

Can anyone think of any other handgun on the market that jams up if you don't powerstroke the slide when you go to eject a live round?
    I can make any number of pistols “jam” with all poor weapon manipulation techniques including limp dicking the slide. Worrying about some obscure scenario where you’re somehow able to manipulate the weapon but unable to do so in a way tjat corrects your specific malfunctionnis goingnto apply to all firearms. Also I can’t think of too many reasons to clear a loaded chamber in any kindbof non-admin setting. The new Glock breech face design is a huge step in the right direction and corrects BTF, weak ejection, and ejection consistency keeping brass from hitting your RDS. If for some reason you can’t deal with the new spec there is no shortage of old Gen 3 and Gen 4 models to keep you happy.
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 11-25-18 at 10:45.

Feedback Score
    At first, I couldn't see why this would be preferred to a G17, but now it occurred to me that this would be a good suppressor host or the basis for a Roland special.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I can make any number of pistols “jam” with all poor weapon manipulation techniques including limp dicking the slide. Worrying about some obscure scenario where you’re somehow able to manipulate the weapon but unable to do so in a way tjat corrects your specific malfunctionnis goingnto apply to all firearms. Also I can’t think of too many reasons to clear a loaded chamber in any kindbof non-admin setting. The new Glock breech face design is a huge step in the right direction and corrects BTF, weak ejection, and ejection consistency keeping brass from hitting your RDS. If for some reason you can’t deal with the new spec there is no shortage of old Gen 3 and Gen 4 models to keep you happy.

That about covers it!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast