Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock G45

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HackerF15E View Post
    The situation we are talking about here is not the definition of a "jam", FWIW.
    Sorry, you are correct. Thanks for catching that. With that said, I think this would be more of a “lock-up” situation? Correct me if I’m still using the wrong terminology.

So we have 5 confirmed unique cases now. However, the reason that I don’t have a “fixed” gun now is because Glock has no way to fix this issue at this time and this issue is present on all G45s. They confirmed this with me last week. They identified this as a “quirk,” but did not say what their plan is for now. So dirkmagurk and I are both in limbo waiting for a new gun to be sent to us without this issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    That would require 45 to be popular.
    Jeff Cooper must be rotating counter clockwise in his grave. I didn't know. Back in the day, you weren't a real man if you shot anything less than a .45.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Jeff Cooper must be rotating counter clockwise in his grave. I didn't know. Back in the day, you weren't a real man if you shot anything less than a .45.
    45 Auto is my favorite pistol cartridge and my favorite pistol shoots it.

But the fact of the matter is that handguns in 9mm probably outsell handguns in 45 Auto by a ratio of 10:1 or more. And with good reason, given the difference in pricing for the ammunition, never mind the practical benefits of a 9mm: Same terminal effectiveness, less recoil, more ammunition on board, &c.

And I'd imagine Jeff Cooper's corpse started rotating counter-clockwise once his former students and instructors (Ken Hackathorn, Clint Smith, Gabe Suarez) started shooting and carrying 9mms as often or more often than 45s. If not then, than once his beloved 1911's last military bastion (MARSOC) fell to the mighty 9x19mm G19.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bsspencer42 View Post
    GuNuT and gunwolf from TOS have reported this as an issue as well as myself and dirkmagurk. This confirms at least 4 cases of this issue.

As far as reviews, I have seen Sootch, MrGunsNGear, MAC, GlockStore and many other lower subscriber channels of which none mentioned the redesign. None of the major dealers in my area were aware of the difference in the breech face either. There are, of course, other respected/popular channels that still do not have reviews out yet though to your point.
    I haven't had the "issue" yet but I'll discuss it in my full review for sure. I did discuss the changes to the system on the G19X to mitigate BTF issues which I think a lot of folks didn't know about either.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Mrgunsngear;2670011]I haven't had the "issue" yet but I'll discuss it in my full review for sure. I did discuss the changes to the system on the G19X to mitigate BTF issues which I think a lot of folks didn't know about either.

[video=youtube_share;bcJVAfY1IR8]https://youtu.be/bcJVAfY1IR8[/video

Sounds good! I’ll PM you a video of what I’m talking about on Instagram.

Feedback Score
    Quick update. I’m still waiting on a replacement from Glock. They still don’t have an ETA, but I’ll post when I hear something back.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Are there any plain Gen 5 G19’s with front slide serrations and no front frame cutouts available yet ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Are there any plain Gen 5 G19’s with front slide serrations and no front frame cutouts available yet ?
    No and from I can tell it doesn’t seem that Glock is going to be changing this for awhile. They responded to someone who asked this on Instagram saying that they will announce all new products on Instagram.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Post's 62,65 and 108 give us hope on this. Will see. Could be after Shot Show.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    They probably have a bunch of cutout frames in the pipeline and would wait until they are mostly gone before changing.

I’ll stick with Gen 4 for now, not worth buying 2 Gen 5s and swapping the slides.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast