Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock G45

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    I'd be down for a MOS version of the G45.
    I didn't wait. Picked up a G19.5 MOS and put the slide assembly on my G19X. It's pretty much perfect.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Two Glock reps that I know have both stated that the Gen5 19 will now come without the front cutout. They weren't sure when they would start shipping though.

I have the Gen5 19 MOS and the 45 and I really like both pistols. I am planning on getting my 45 cut for an RMR by Doug at ATEi, as well as my 19X and will be putting Parker Mountain Machine Gen5 Comps on both. I really prefer the cnc milled optic cutout to the MOS, but in saying that, my Gen5 19 MOS will be getting the new Aimpoint ACRO P1 when it comes out.

If anyone is interested in a Gen 3 19 Roland Special that was done by ATEi, let me know. I am going to be selling it to fund the custom work and optics on my 45, 19X and a Gen5 17.
    Hmm.. No cut out? i might have to pick up a Gen 5 now...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Lets hope it's soon.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Closing in on 400rds through mine, no issues with OEM 17/19, PMAG17/21, or ETS22rd magazine.

Ammo has been Winchester 124gr NATO, Fiocchi 115, Wolf 115, and a bit of Federal HST 147gr +p. Cleaned on lubed the first time out but forget today. 397rds exactly.

I liked the POA-POI with the Winchester NATO stuff today, I'm still undecided on the Agents Gen 5 vs non-Gen 5 sights but when a Brownells ships my backorder I'll get to the bottom of it.

Just need some Talons to grip it up a little bit more.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm glad to hear the feedback on these. I've been holding off on owning a Glock for years simply because I didn't want to send off a brand new gun for modifications I wanted done from the factory (I can not stand the finger bump and didn't want the BTF issues).

I shoot them well enough but they just weren't my preference in comparison to my HK's, Sig's, etc.. With that said, The Gen 5 G19 MOS looks to be the answer to everything I disliked about Glock.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got a G45, opened the box, filled the magazines, and started shooting. 463 rounds without malfunction off-hand, SHO, and WHO. 10 different loads, a couple of basic loads of duty ammo. Shoots and handles like a G19X in almost every way. I can take or leave the mag well flare. Jury is out on the front slide serrations. Trigger is excellent. No malfunctions with TLR-7 installed. “Fails” the 1911 extractor test, stovepipes 20-30% of the time. When it doesn’t stovepipe cases eject from the port, none down the mag well. Ejection with Federal AE9FP and Barnes-loaded TAC-XP is erratic with several cases to the top of my head, forearm, or face. The Barnes feels like it’s barely cycling and all aspects of lockup can be felt. Sights were centered in the dovetail and gun is POA/POI at 25yds. Overall, a nice backup pistol to my 19X, but won’t be replacing it.

Plans: Install Ameriglo Agents. Replace gen5 mag floorplates with earlier version. Replace supplied mag release with OEM extended #8794 as on 19X and 19M. No more G17s, all future full sized grips will be G45 or G19X where coyote is allowed.

g45tlr7.jpg
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Got a G45, opened the box, filled the magazines, and started shooting. 463 rounds without malfunction off-hand, SHO, and WHO. 10 different loads, a couple of basic loads of duty ammo. Shoots and handles like a G19X in almost every way. I can take or leave the mag well flare. Jury is out on the front slide serrations. Trigger is excellent. No malfunctions with TLR-7 installed. “Fails” the 1911 extractor test, stovepipes 20-30% of the time. When it doesn’t stovepipe cases eject from the port, none down the mag well. Ejection with Federal AE9FP and Barnes-loaded TAC-XP is erratic with several cases to the top of my head, forearm, or face. The Barnes feels like it’s barely cycling and all aspects of lockup can be felt. Sights were centered in the dovetail and gun is POA/POI at 25yds. Overall, a nice backup pistol to my 19X, but won’t be replacing it.

Plans: Install Ameriglo Agents. Replace gen5 mag floorplates with earlier version. Replace supplied mag release with OEM extended #8794 as on 19X and 19M. No more G17s, all future full sized grips will be G45 or G19X where coyote is allowed.

g45tlr7.jpg
    I didn’t think most guns other than the 1911 were supposed to pass the extractor test. But that’s a bummer about the ejection of those two loads, it seemed as if that stuff had been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I didn’t think most guns other than the 1911 were supposed to pass the extractor test.
    They're not, but it comes up often enough that I just checked and included it. Having done that test with dozens of others Gs in the last couple of years, I think this G45 is the first to not dump them down the well at all. I bet there's a load and rim dimension that will eventually do it though.

But that’s a bummer about the ejection of those two loads, it seemed as if that stuff had been fixed.
    Most service autos exhibit such ejection given the right combination of variables. Whether or not it matters I leave to the end user. I don't care, as long as the gun completes the cycle of operations.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    No malfunctions with TLR-7 installed.
    Interested in hearing some well used TLR-7 reviews, if you continue shooting with it please post an update when you feel it's "duty grade".

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    My take on the breech face relief cut/notch/whatever we're calling it:

The extractor pushes the rim of the case to the right into the notch. What this does during extraction is hold the case up against the breach face until the ejector has a chance to fully impact the case. This relationship is demonstrated in the picture below and is sufficient, with the slide oriented horizontally, to hold a 147gr HST without it dropping free. I believe the notch keeps the case from prematurely losing contact with the breech face and thus stealing some of the ejector's glory before it can fully impact the back of the case. Indeed, manipulating a case by hand under the ejector and then rotating the case counterclockwise in a simulated ejection results in a satisfying *snap* as the right side of the rim pops out of the notch.

If this is the case it should improve ejection consistency and overall reliability. Theoretically. None of my Gen5 Glocks have shown any issues in this regard. I wonder if high round counts will be enough to wear down the part of the notch that catches the case and end up making ejection worse. I'm not a metallurgist and couldn't guess how many brass cases that would take but steel cases might be another story. I'll be running brass in mine.

It also means we need to be disciplined when ejecting a live round to make sure we don't short stroke and end up putting that sucker right back into the chamber.

sx1VhUb.jpg

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast