Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock G45

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HackerF15E View Post
    There's a poster on TOS who is reporting the same difficulty in hand-ejecting, so supports the idea that it is a result of the design, not a quality control issue.
    We sure it's not the same poster?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Although I don't currently own any Glocks (or anything plastic or striker fired, weirdly), I am impressed that Glock is responding to customer input. Say what you will about SIG and Springfield (and there is a lot to be said), the have raised the bar and a lot of companies are actually listening to their customers. Even H&K, one of the deafest of all companies, seems to listen some these days.

I had a Gen 5 19 for a while and it ran great until the trigger bar started disintegrating and the trigger pull got crunchy. I presume my problem has been addressed. I might have to look at one of the G19 MOS when one pops up around here.
    I bought a spare trigger bar for my G19/5 based on you problem.
    I would get a G17/5 instead of the G45.
    They should have made the G45 a full size single stack .45acp and made this the G46.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I bought a spare trigger bar for my G19/5 based on you problem.
    I would get a G17/5 instead of the G45.
    They should have made the G45 a full size single stack .45acp and made this the G46.
    I highly doubt a significant part of the population wants a single stack Glock in .45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Probably. But maybe they could have come up with some variation of the .45 that would be popular.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Probably. But maybe they could have come up with some variation of the .45 that would be popular.
    That would require 45 to be popular.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Exactly, .45 is really only around nowadays for iconic guns that were designed for it, like America's hand gun.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    We sure it's not the same poster?
    There are two people in the thread reporting it, so that would be a pretty good trick.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns...G45/13-185263/

FWIW, on my G45 I have the same issue, but the rate at which I pull the slide is the determining factor. If I slowly pull the slide aft, it will stop moving aft with the round about 90% out and not eject. If I move the slide a little faster/harder, the slide will travel back just a but further and eject the round.

Has nothing to do with the chamber, as the cartridge isn't even contacting the chamber when the slide stops moving.
    Last edited by HackerF15E; 10-21-18 at 14:59.

Feedback Score
    Hello all, I just posted in the AR15 forum this afternoon about the ejection issues. I'm not the OP on that thread but I just wanted to let you all know that I did contribute to the discussion over there. I learned from this forum that I am not the only one with this issue and from the link to the GT forum that the issue is related to the notch in the breech face. I joined about a week ago but I had to wait for my account to get validated to be able to post. Thank you all for noticing this!

There is some variability to this issue from gun to gun as I have discovered experimenting with snap caps on about 6 different guns (including my own). Mine is so bad that even pulling the slide aggressively backward will result in the slide getting jammed up. I sent my gun in to Glock early last week and I'm still waiting on a solution. They have said that all G45 and Gen 5 17/19 MOS guns have this issue to a varying degree.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HackerF15E View Post
    There's a poster on TOS who is reporting the same difficulty in hand-ejecting, so supports the idea that it is a result of the design, not a quality control issue.
    To shed some light on this I'll let you know what I did what I first noticed this as an issue. I individually swapped the following parts and did a function check for each of the following parts with my Glock 19 Gen 4: Recoil spring, barrel, extractor, extractor spring. In addition, I put the G45 slide on my G19 frame to test to see if this could be an issue with the ejector. The issue was still present in all of these configurations, which leads me to believe that the common variable is the slide (breech face notch).

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast