Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock G45

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    they should add the factory texture to the side flats and high front strap as the norm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    As a rotating barrel former owner, I don't think even Glock will be able to make a reliable one.

I mean, like combat reliable.

It's just too easy to gum up the works.

That's just my opinion.

MAC did a torture test of the PX4 and it failed.

My Grand Power was not perfect, we even had a grand power sponsored shooter who did a torture test and it really failed that too.

I'm just kind of done with the concept at this point.

Hopefully somebody can prove me wrong. Maybe it'll be Glock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New Glock G45

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Odd to give it a whole new number
    Naw, I think it was odd to get the “19x” over a new moniker. The 19x isn’t a 19, and not a 17, this falls in the same category as a 19x.

They’re going to need a name to continue to make improvements on that line. It only makes sense to move them to their own 45 name, and I hope they drop the 19x in the future and keep it all G45, G45X.

All this is, is a gun for the LEO departments that want a black 19x. I wouldn’t think too hard into this gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 09-23-18 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Can we just get more MOS models?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Naw, I think it was odd to get the “19x” over a new moniker. The 19x isn’t a 19, and not a 17, this falls in the same category as a 19x.

They’re going to need a name to continue to make improvements on that line. It only makes sense to move them to their own 45 name, and I hope they drop the 19x in the future and keep it all G45, G45X.

All this is, is a gun for the LEO departments that want a black 19x. I wouldn’t think too hard into this gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I agree.

I'll have to check out the G45's when they're available. I like my G19, however I much prefer the G17/22/31 (G34/35 too) size Glock's Maybe the G45 having the G17 lower and G19 upper will work better for me.

NYH1.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You have to give it to them, they are masters of marketing, like all the big gun Mfg'ers. Small tweak GenXXXX, smaller tweak GenYYYY all the while Gen 3 is the Gold standard for so many.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Next thing you know they'll be 29 variations of the G19, some with funky rainbow colors

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You have to give it to them, they are masters of marketing, like all the big gun Mfg'ers. Small tweak GenXXXX, smaller tweak GenYYYY all the while Gen 3 is the Gold standard for so many.

PB
    Indeed. The business is to SELL guns and they do it quite well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Gen4 was needed for the 40, and added grip size adjustment.

The Gen5 has some nice improvements. Better out of the box than my modded Gen3. Grip texture is great, trigger is great, the magwell is nice. I only intend to change the sights, and only because they didn't have a blue label w/AmeriGlo when I got my veteran promotion, or that would have been great out of the box too.

Not a sell off all your Gen3 to go Gen5 better, but definitely not buying a new Gen3 better for me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    I don't see any reason to buy another Glock until they actually innovate. Minor adjustments to the frame and mystical internal changes that amount to nothing quantifiable do not equate to innovation. Producing a rotating barrel pistol with glock reliability would be that.
    Is innovation for the sake of innovation, or is it supposed to do something better? My previous carry gun had a rotating barrel. I was reliable but after a couple of years I still didn't know what exactly that achieved. In fact, when I shot a subcompact version of that gun, I said the rotating barrel was working just fine too. Then found that SC had a conventional tilting barrel.

G45 is a sibling to a 19x. As of today, I am 40 rounds shy of 4000 rounds through mine, 3000 in last three months. I think it is a stupendous gun. When I got it in January, the first thing I did was to clean up the magwell area up in front. The second or third thing I did was to have front serrations cut in. G45 takes care of both things right from the factory. Makes me glad I haven't bought the second 19x.
    Last edited by YVK; 09-24-18 at 00:54.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast