Thread: New Glock G45

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hoping they decide to MOS this version.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    Hoping they decide to MOS this version.
    I think we'll see MOS Gen5 17s and 19s first. Personally, I'd rather mill my slide.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I think we'll see MOS Gen5 17s and 19s first. Personally, I'd rather mill my slide.
    Her you go. New Gen 5 G 17 MOS FS and G19 MOS FS

https://us.glock.com/pistols?filter=mos%20compatible
    I'll keep my weapons,my freedom,and my money!! You can keep the CHANGE!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocalsocal View Post
    Just a quick question. I’ve recently seen a YouTube review (Sootch) of the G45 and was amazed by the consistency of ejection. My Gen 2 19 and Gen 4 17 have been extremely reliable with most ammo. However I would be lying if I said that the ejection is always picture perfect. But the Fiocchi 115 gr in the video seem to fly out of the G45 in nice long arcs.
    Did Glock address the sometimes erratic ejection in the new models?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All the Gen5s eject brass smoothly, 19x as well, it really started with the G43.... the fixed ejection patter is the best selling point of the Gen5s IMO, my only very small complaint is the cutout on the bottom of the 19, but it’s not really a big issue.

Feedback Score
    I don't think I will likely get one of these unless I had a requirement for a black pistol by policy somewhere. What I will be buying, however, is a G19 MOS Gen5 as soon as it's available red label and trading my G19 Gen4 for it most likely. Whether I'll do the same with my Gen5 G17 is up for debate.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    All the Gen5s eject brass smoothly, 19x as well, it really started with the G43.... the fixed ejection patter is the best selling point of the Gen5s IMO, my only very small complaint is the cutout on the bottom of the 19, but it’s not really a big issue.
    Not necessarily. I have a 19 Gen 5 that has gone back to Smyrna twice. It ejects beautifully until the last round. Once the magazine is empty, ejection goes to shit. They've replaced the slide stop twice and the slide cover plate once. The second time they claim they put G17 mag springs in the 19 mags. Still ejects the last round all effed up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    Not necessarily. I have a 19 Gen 5 that has gone back to Smyrna twice. It ejects beautifully until the last round. Once the magazine is empty, ejection goes to shit. They've replaced the slide stop twice and the slide cover plate once. The second time they claim they put G17 mag springs in the 19 mags. Still ejects the last round all effed up.

Please explain what you mean by this: Once the magazine is empty, ejection goes to shit in terms of what it does.

Thanks.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Please explain what you mean by this: Once the magazine is empty, ejection goes to shit in terms of what it does.

Thanks.
    The last casing ejects completely erratically. Back towards my face, completely vertically or even over the left side of the gun. Like I said, it goes to shit!

Feedback Score
    Came across this-

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I hope the Gen5 MOS/FCS guns still have the half moon cutout.

ETA: Just watched the TFB video on the Gen5 19/17 MOS pistols and they don't have the half-moon cut. Boo, Glock, boo.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 09-27-18 at 14:20.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast