Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock G45

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hile View Post
    Once I see what red label pricing is on the 17MOS Gen5 and 19MOS Gen 5, my Gen4 G19 and Gen5 G17 will each be traded for the Gen 5 MOS variant.
    Red Label price on the G19 Gen5 MOS is $589/$590 at my LE dealer.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Red Label price on the G19 Gen5 MOS is $589/$590 at my LE dealer.
    Thanks. That's about what I was expecting.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Thanks for the clarification gents

Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    PVD and nDLC are the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    DLC and Glocks nDLC are coatings, Diamond Like Carbon, applied via PVD. Physical Vapor Deposition.

This explains them pretty well.

http://www.fischer-technology.com/en...rial-coatings/

TXPO
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Although I don't currently own any Glocks (or anything plastic or striker fired, weirdly), I am impressed that Glock is responding to customer input. Say what you will about SIG and Springfield (and there is a lot to be said), the have raised the bar and a lot of companies are actually listening to their customers. Even H&K, one of the deafest of all companies, seems to listen some these days.

I had a Gen 5 19 for a while and it ran great until the trigger bar started disintegrating and the trigger pull got crunchy. I presume my problem has been addressed. I might have to look at one of the G19 MOS when one pops up around here.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Although I don't currently own any Glocks (or anything plastic or striker fired, weirdly), I am impressed that Glock is responding to customer input. Say what you will about SIG and Springfield (and there is a lot to be said), the have raised the bar and a lot of companies are actually listening to their customers. Even H&K, one of the deafest of all companies, seems to listen some these days.

I had a Gen 5 19 for a while and it ran great until the trigger bar started disintegrating and the trigger pull got crunchy. I presume my problem has been addressed. I might have to look at one of the G19 MOS when one pops up around here.

I had the same problem pop up in one of my earlier 5th Gen G19's. I have four 19X's currently and one of them just went over 6k round count and I have not had a single issue. The others are much lower, but none of them have had problems either. I think Glock had a bad run of trigger bars that made it out. I haven't seen or heard of any of the newer guns having problems.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Honestly part of the 'listening to the customer' is likely due to the political environment in the States.

Back when demand was high, companies could crank out whatever and people would buy.

Now that things are more even keel, I think companies realize they need to be more responsive to customers in order to get their $$$.

And OT, I just brought home my G45. Very nice, looks like all the other posted here. Likely shoot later this week after the Agent Sights come in.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Picked up a G45 with the AmeriGlo sights on it today. I had been really wanting a G19X since they were released, but held out because I kept hearing this was coming. Very glad I did. It is the perfect Glock in my opinion.

I actually really like the finger grooves so I won’t be replacing any of my Gen 4’s, but I think they have finally got the Gen 5’s right. Off to the range on Mon to break her in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I picked mine up from my LGS about two hours ago too.

I went with the Glock NS. I got the good guy deal and he gave me the same price as standard plastic sights, so no brainer. I’m not usually a fan of the GNS but this set has a longer rear and the notch is wider. I compared it to my “spare” 19X that’s unshot. I replaced the stock GNS on my other 19X with Dawson FO. I have over 3000 through this 19X and love it. Zero issues and I’m surprised how well the finish is holding up.

I think I may actually like this set of GNS. Hope it’s as good as my 19X.

Heading to the range shortly to run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Picked up a G45 Friday and immediately had an issue. I was running some dry fire drills using snap caps and noticed it was extremely difficult to manually eject/extract them. I then loaded a magazine with a few different types of live ammunition i.e. Speer, Federal, MEN and experienced the same issue. The rounds will chamber fine but when attempting to manually eject/extract the round, the slide hits a sticking point just before ejection, at that point it takes a considerable amount of force to actually get the round to eject/extract. I disassembled the pistol and inspected it for any noticeable problems. The only thing that was out of the ordinary was a groove/channel machined into the left side of the breech face. I have never seen this on any Glock prior to the G45 including several other gen 5 pistols. After contacting Glock about the issue they sent a prepaid label and I shipped it out yesterday. The Glock rep couldn't tell me anything about the groove without actually seeing the pistol. While I am waiting to hear back from Glock I am curious if any of you G45 owners have the same issue or if your pistol has the same groove/channel. I have attached a picture of the channel/groove for reference, any feedback is much appreciated! G45 copy (2).jpg

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast