Thread: Need 6.8 SBR port size advice

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)

Need 6.8 SBR port size advice

Looking to get this 12.5” barrel for a 6.8 SPC build.: https://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/7500

They will do whatever port size I request. I plan on running cheap S&B and Prvi Partizan for plinking and Hornady SST 120 grain for defense. Suppressed reliability without an adjustible gas block is first priority, but ideally would cycle w/o can also.

What port size do you recommend to be sure of cycling with a can and at least have a shot of cycling the defense ammo without?

Also, what weight buffer with Vltor A5 tube? I use H3 & 4 with my 5.56 shorties.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    12.5" Mid in 6.8?

.093" seems about right
    Last edited by Clint; 11-03-18 at 06:39.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Thanks Clint. Yours is the opinion I most hoped to hear.

And big thanks for referencing the SGAmmo Barnaul mil-spec 5.56 in another thread. That cheap stuff seems almost as good as MEN and better than Wolf Gold in all my ARs with or without a suppressor.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode