Thread: G17 Gen 3 RTF WIW?

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score

G17 Gen 3 RTF WIW?

Local kid has a Gen3 RTF 17. No box only 1 mag. Looks like new. Has the rear curved gills. Just trying to get a decent price. He doesn't know what he really has.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought a "new" Gen 3 RTF2 G17 from a gun store a couple weeks ago for $435. Came with 2 mags and a loader. 2-tone FDE frame, blackened slide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sdacbob View Post
    I bought a "new" Gen 3 RTF2 G17 from a gun store a couple weeks ago for $435. Came with 2 mags and a loader. 2-tone FDE frame, blackened slide.
    Sounds nice. Very nice! I told dude it wasn't a Gen4. Sent him pics of my ODG G417. Let'n the deal hang. I don't like the mag release on the 3's. Just looking to flip it if it is worth anything. I have 2 G417's. The other is FDE. Someday I could end up getting a black one
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 09-23-18 at 22:01.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    Local kid has a Gen3 RTF 17. No box only 1 mag. Looks like new. Has the rear curved gills. Just trying to get a decent price. He doesn't know what he really has.

Thanks in advance!
    "Sounds nice. Very nice! I told dude it wasn't a Gen4. Sent him pics of my ODG G417. Let'n the deal hang. I don't like the mag release on the 3's. Just looking to flip it if it is worth anything. I have 2 G417's. The other is FDE. Someday I could end up getting a black one"

So, are you asking for a value so you can hustle the kid or to offer him a fair price so you can flip it to help offset the cost of your FFL renewal? Asking for a friend.

Keith

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
    "Sounds nice. Very nice! I told dude it wasn't a Gen4. Sent him pics of my ODG G417. Let'n the deal hang. I don't like the mag release on the 3's. Just looking to flip it if it is worth anything. I have 2 G417's. The other is FDE. Someday I could end up getting a black one"

So, are you asking for a value so you can hustle the kid or to offer him a fair price so you can flip it to help offset the cost of your FFL renewal? Asking for a friend.

Keith
    When did I become a FFL? A fair price. It might be something I could hold on to that could increase in value. I bought a 2206S&W pistol that has never been fired. I have all the paper work on it. I'll never fire it. I didn't quibble on the asking price.

Being that there is no numbers matching box I doubt this would be anything other than a shooter. There is a lot of RTF's out there with all the accoutrements for his asking price with 1 mag. I told him I am interested in buying it. I wouldn't want to pay more than $325-350.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The going price I have seen is about $600 for a gen 3 rtf fishgill slides with nightsights. Probably $550 without. If you get it for $350 or do, you’d be doing well.

But I have to ask...is the kid so poor that he has no phone to look it up?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikiguya View Post
    The going price I have seen is about $600 for a gen 3 rtf fishgill slides with nightsights. Probably $550 without. If you get it for $350 or do, you’d be doing well.

But I have to ask...is the kid so poor that he has no phone to look it up?
    No box, no extra mag. Yes, he had a phone. He just wasn't knowledgeable of Glocks period. He was told by the previous owner it was a Gen4. He was trying to sell some other types of guns way over priced too. It is gone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sdacbob View Post
    It's the gilled slide from the original run that makes them worth a little more. The gills never came on an OEM FDE frame.

Gilled slide G17 owner here... but I bought the gun to use, not collect.
    Last edited by Talon167; 10-07-18 at 13:53.

Feedback Score
    I liked my RTF 2 with gills so much I bought a second. The gills and the stifling are great. About as aggressive as I would want to get.