Thread: Faxon 16inch heavy fluted barrel questions.

Feedback Score

Faxon 16inch heavy fluted barrel questions.

I'm looking to buying a new barrel to complete a coyote hunting upper and am almost ready to pull the trigger on this barrel but have a few questions. Any one have experience with this barrel? If so what factory loads does it like and what is the accuracy you have experienced? Are the barrels gassed properly? Is there another barrel with the same weight and price that would be better?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    What's the price on the barrel you're looking at?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    What's the price on the barrel you're looking at?
    Around $300

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I have a 1st gen and 2nd gen of this barrel:

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...gas-block.html

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...gas-block.html

The second link is for blemished barrels. I go blemished anytime I can. I don't have any factory load experience, but my last few range trips had the following groups:

1st gen barrel w/3x9 scope- a 10shot group of 3" at 200 yards using 62gr BTHP
    remanufactured ammo
    2nd gen barrel w/6x24 scope- 5shot group of 2.95" of 62gr BTHP reman ammo at 200 yards/ 5shot group of 1.65" with 62gr BTHP handloads/5shot group of 1.86" at 200 yards with handloaded 62gr BTHP ammo

I know it's not entirely the info you're looking for, but I've been very happy with the barrels, especially at their price point.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Caveat: the chamber is 223 Wylde. I've only ever shot one round of 5.56 through it, and while the brass looked fine, I can't tell you if it'd like 5.56 ammo. My buddy has the same barrel, and I've seen him shoot 5.56 69gr load through his rifle without issue, but I didn't look at his brass afterwards. I just know he was happy with it. Within my usual shooting group, we have six of these barrels in play, and they're all more than accurate enough for hunting while not being total boat anchors. It's a buyer's market right now, so look around a bit. I just know I'm happy with what I have.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have the Faxon Heavy, Fluted 16” in .300 Blk.
    It’s a shooter with Supers. Fluting makes it a resonable stalking rifle.