G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: So, are we going to see an under 18-inch barreled SXS non-NFA "Firearm"?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,301
    Feedback Score
    0

    So, are we going to see an under 18-inch barreled SXS non-NFA "Firearm"?

    Mossberg and Remington are selling their 14 inch barreled pump action shotguns with pistol grips as non-nfa "firearms".

    Can this also be done with a side-by-side?

    I realize there is no receiver, and I think they have to be get to 26 inches. So I suppose it would need 18 inch barrels anyway?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    818
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wonder if a forearm brace could be made integral to the grip on some way to get the overall length up? Would actually be kind of neat if that could be pulled off with a traditional pistol grip or straight grip.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Barre, VT
    Posts
    7,089
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I’d be interested. I have to admit I was watching cowboy shows last week and started looking for factory made side by side SBS and came up blank.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    308
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Correct me if I'm wrong isn't the tax stamp for a AOW, which a short pistol gripped shotgun is classified as only 5.00? Why go through the hassle of a work around, idk anyone that is going to travel around with one unless you are Mad Max. The Shockwave and Tac14 have brace options to be like and SBS. I just don't see the need to do the "firearm" thing here, but maybe I'm wrong.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Barre, VT
    Posts
    7,089
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    You still need to pay $200 to make an AOW. The transfer fee is $5. For me it would be for fun.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    498
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Haven't seen any doubles yet.

    Charles Daly is making something that sort of fits the bill, though it's a triple. With 18.5" barrels and a birdshead grip it has an OAL of 28", about the same as a Mossberg Shockwave:

    https://www.charlesdaly.com/p.php?id=529




    Chippa makes a triple barrel with wood furniture, that can be configured either with a full stock or pistol grip only:




    I believe both guns share the same OEM.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 01-10-19 at 22:14.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Barre, VT
    Posts
    7,089
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    Haven't seen any doubles yet.

    Charles Daly is making something that sort of fits the bill, though it's a triple. With 18.5" barrels and a birdshead grip it has an OAL of 28", about the same as a Mossberg Shockwave:

    https://www.charlesdaly.com/p.php?id=529




    Chippa makes a triple barrel with wood furniture, that can be configured either with a full stock or pistol grip only:




    I believe both guns share the same OEM.
    Those are cool options.

    This looks interesting. The Coachgun II-SS (Short Stock) Barrels & Stock same length:






    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    308
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    You still need to pay $200 to make an AOW. The transfer fee is $5. For me it would be for fun.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ahhh see that makes sense then.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    498
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Those are cool options.

    This looks interesting. The Coachgun II-SS (Short Stock) Barrels & Stock same length:






    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Very cool

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,301
    Feedback Score
    0
    Neat, but I'd like to see a good review. What resets the trigger?

    I don't trust recoil-resetting triggers. They fail to set on light loads.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •