Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, are we going to see an under 18-inch barreled SXS non-NFA "Firearm"?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you do not mind me asking, where did you get that barrel/sight combo? That looks like the XS sight setup they did for the DEA. I have been wanting to experiment with that combo.

Thanks very much.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

So, are we going to see an under 18-inch barreled SXS non-NFA "Firearm"?

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    If you do not mind me asking, where did you get that barrel/sight combo? That looks like the XS sight setup they did for the DEA. I have been wanting to experiment with that combo.

Thanks very much.
    I ordered it directly from Remington a few years ago. I called the LE department. I thought I saw them on Botach's website recently but they were out of stock. Just checked. I was wrong. They have the standard rifle sights and MOD chocked bbl there.

These guys have them. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/27129

Now I want a freaking tritium front sight!

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-17-19 at 23:28.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thank you, kind sir. Enjoy your new addition!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My next day off is Tuesday. I'll report back once I get to shoot it. I swapped out the bbl with a 14" modified bbl with sights I had on a SBS. I also put on a Wilson +1 mag extension and Wilson extra long spring and antilt follower in the gun. I had these parts already on hand. The magazine spring in the gun looked like it was the standard length.

I've had an SB Tactical brace sitting around for months looking for a purpose. I think it's found a new home.

I ordered this Messa adapter and need to check my parts I know I've got an AR pistol grip kicking around.

I recently bought a TAC-14, I also went for the wood furniture versus the plastic. Unfortunately, wielding it in the gunstore and actually firing it for an extended range period were extremely different experiences. I'm bone-on-bone in my wrist due to an injury, I should have realized that since I switch my AR grips to B5's for comfort, the shotgun handle was going to kill me.

Long story short, I'll be looking forward to you relating your experiences with the Mesa adapter. Particularly interested in grip angle.

Thanks in advance.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Thank you, kind sir. Enjoy your new addition!
    I've bought several barrels from MGW, they are good to work with.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So what would be the minimum in terms of quality and features for a double barrel shotgun project? Something not just for the fun of it. I think a youth length stock and 18" to whatever makes 26" OAL barrel is compact enough for me.

Someone identified mechanical reset as a reliability feature. I assume double triggers would also be reliable, but also introduces a training issue.

All the coach guns I see don't have ejection. That would seem to be a pretty big disadvantage for reload speed.

OU is fine, probably preferred for the familiar sight picture. I'd be doing the work, converting a sporting shotgun, it seems coach guns lack the features I want.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I recently bought a TAC-14, I also went for the wood furniture versus the plastic. Unfortunately, wielding it in the gunstore and actually firing it for an extended range period were extremely different experiences. I'm bone-on-bone in my wrist due to an injury, I should have realized that since I switch my AR grips to B5's for comfort, the shotgun handle was going to kill me.

Long story short, I'll be looking forward to you relating your experiences with the Mesa adapter. Particularly interested in grip angle.

Thanks in advance.
    When I put on the bbl with the XS sights I quickly realized I could get a decent sight picture. That's when the hunt started for the adapter. I have a BCM LPK in my parts bin and it's angle will probably work well.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

So, are we going to see an under 18-inch barreled SXS non-NFA "Firearm"?

When I put on the bbl with the XS sights I quickly realized I could get a decent sight picture. That's when the hunt started for the adapter. I have a BCM LPK in my parts bin and it's angle will probably work well.

Well this isn't going to work.

The standard grip will.

Things aren't working out tonight. The long grip screw came with the Mesa adapter. It doesn't fit. Neither do the other two I have. Looks like the Mesa is out of spec.

Not reading instructions makes life more difficult at times! That screw is really long for a reason. Now I need to take this apart and do it right.

Fixed it.

This is inbound from the EE here. I think this grip angle will be more.comfortable.

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-30-19 at 23:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I took a B5 Type 23 and whacked the beavertail/tang off - couldn't find a reduced angle grip it looked like I'd like without.

Yeah, I got caught not using the spacer the first assembly - instructions, who needs them.

If anyone else is doing one, this tube might be of interest at $9.95: https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/SB-...-opnt-blem.htm

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I took a B5 Type 23 and whacked the beavertail/tang off - couldn't find a reduced angle grip it looked like I'd like without.

Yeah, I got caught not using the spacer the first assembly - instructions, who needs them.

If anyone else is doing one, this tube might be of interest at $9.95: https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/SB-...-opnt-blem.htm

I'm glad I have company! I glanced at the instructions and saw install pistol grip first. I Ignored it! Learning has occurred.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast