Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So, are we going to see an under 18-inch barreled SXS non-NFA "Firearm"?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I'm glad I have company! I glanced at the instructions and saw install pistol grip first. I Ignored it! Learning has occurred.
    Yep, I was getting ready to look in the bolt bin for a shorter one when I thought, what the heck, look at the instructions.

Overall I was pleased with the Mesa adapter, I got mine for a fairly good price from these guys: https://www.mountsplus.com/mesa-tact...ngton-870.html

Right now I'm on the look out for a good sporter length forearm that wont cost me an arm and a leg. Eventually, I'll SBS this, but it is 3rd in line for stamp money. Until then, I plan to soothe my inner Phil Singleton and use it sling supported CQB-style, the short forearm doesn't let me adjust the sling like I prefer.

Gee, it's great to have a new toy!

ETA: My wife was with me when I looked at these, I was in a boot on my right ankle so she was chauffeuring, after we left she asked me why I didn't buy it, we went back.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 01-31-19 at 12:46.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Yep, I was getting ready to look in the bolt bin for a shorter one when I thought, what the heck, look at the instructions.

Overall I was pleased with the Mesa adapter, I got mine for a fairly good price from these guys: https://www.mountsplus.com/mesa-tact...ngton-870.html

Right now I'm on the look out for a good sporter length forearm that wont cost me an arm and a leg. Eventually, I'll SBS this, but it is 3rd in line for stamp money. Until then, I plan to soothe my inner Phil Singleton and use it sling supported CQB-style, the short forearm doesn't let me adjust the sling like I prefer.

Gee, it's great to have a new toy!
    Thats an excellent price. I agree about SBS. I cant reach the slid release on the 870 withvthe pistol grip. On the 590 the safety is pretty un useable. I have a Magoul set stock on an 18” 870 and that was clearly designed for a 590. I cant reach the safety on the 870. I will be getring a regular stock back on that gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    So what would be the minimum in terms of quality and features for a double barrel shotgun project? Something not just for the fun of it. I think a youth length stock and 18" to whatever makes 26" OAL barrel is compact enough for me.

Someone identified mechanical reset as a reliability feature. I assume double triggers would also be reliable, but also introduces a training issue.

All the coach guns I see don't have ejection. That would seem to be a pretty big disadvantage for reload speed.

OU is fine, probably preferred for the familiar sight picture. I'd be doing the work, converting a sporting shotgun, it seems coach guns lack the features I want.
    Not sure on the quality part, may not be a lot of options for O/U to modify that don't involve hacking up a rather expensive gun.
    I also don't know of any ejector sxs guns, but that does not mean they don't exist.
    If doing something like this, not wanting to go nfa, i'd cut barrels to 18", then cut stock until 26", unless you really want a useable stock, at which point I think you'd be over 26".
    For single trigger, look for mechanical resetting. The parts movement of firing resets to the other barrel, not recoil. This is easily checked in the store if they don't mind dry firing. A mechanical reset allows you to dry fire both barrels, a recoil reset will only dry fire once.
    For sxs, i'm personally not a big fan of stoeger. Cas people use a lot of them, and i've seen several with the barrel lug cracked. The Russian guns seem solidly overbuilt, but rough. They can be smoothed up, and the O/U guns are mechanically reset. Not too expensive, not quite as pretty, but durable. I think it was mossberg had that "tactical" O/U, but I think it was Turkish. Haven't been inside one, only seen a couple. Maybe the used market, a better gun at a better price. Unless price isn't really a consideration.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234