Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Favorite AR Pistol Grip

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I have either the K2 or the BCM Mod 2/3 on all of my guns, with the K2 being the most predominant. I also have an Ergo on my MK12ish clone and I am not really a fan due to it being so slim. I will probably swap it out for a BCM Mod 3 in the very near future.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    Most of my grips are Ergo deluxe with a mix of Ergo non-deluxe (the slimmer grip with no palmswell), Hogue, Magpul & BCM gunfighter.
    For shooting off a bench with no gloves, the Ergo deluxe is my favorite. The rubberized grips of the Ergo & Hogue have good feel.

For braced pistols I've found a more vertical grip like the Gunfighter fits better, or when shooting NTCH. The closer my right hand is to my body, the more vertical I want my grip.

My Magpul is one of the first types but my favorite is the K2+, same angle as the BCM and a nice rubberized exterior.

Gloves make a difference too. The large Ergo deluxe grips don't fit as well with medium weight gloves, and the sticky rubberized grips can cause some gloves to bunch up. If I lived in a colder climate I'd probably skip the Ergos & Hogues for BCMs & MOEs.

I have one build with an A2 stock and I've swapped between an A2 grip and the MOE grip. The MOE grip puts my trigger finger right where I want it but the A2 grip just looks better. But it sports the MOE right now.

You might want to try a different glove.

I like SKD's P.I.G. Full Dexterity gloves.
    https://www.skdtac.com/category-s/36557.htm
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Am I the only one that thinks the A2 is heavily underrated? Id say like 85% of my ARs have them. They look the coolest, theyre the most comfortable ...they own.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the A2 is heavily underrated? Id say like 85% of my ARs have them. They look the coolest, theyre the most comfortable ...they own.
    Well, there's no right or wrong answer when dealing with things that boil down to personal preference. Prior to my elbow problems, I either ran A2's or MOE grips and never thought anything about the angle of the grip. I think they do look cool on retro inspired guns.

Feedback Score
    I havent receivet it yet, but for pure looks I ordered the VZ Operator II - gen 2 grip. It is made from some kind of plastic (polymer or g-10?) And looks bad ass. I ordered the Hyena Brown as my pistol is a black and FDE combo. I hope it feels as good as it looks.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricrock View Post
    I havent receivet it yet, but for pure looks I ordered the VZ Operator II - gen 2 grip. It is made from some kind of plastic (polymer or g-10?) And looks bad ass. I ordered the Hyena Brown as my pistol is a black and FDE combo. I hope it feels as good as it looks.
    That’s an interesting grip. Let me know how it works for you.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I have tried many. I settled on the ergo. However, I like the grip angle of the BCM mod 3. I also noticed with lightweight gloves that the ergo could be sticky. Hence, I once again gave the BCM a try. I hate the duckbill. I can feel it with my middle finger. Then I remembered that I have a dremel. I reshape all my gen3 glocks. So, I cut off the duckbill and did some minor reshaping just below that and I have a winner. I modified and changed out seven this past week. Considering that I had a dozen of the BCM grips in my parts bin from builds using BCM LPK and from BCM lowers, it was an easy choice. Ran over 800 rounds through multiple guns this past week. I am done looking for the right grip.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    That’s an interesting grip. Let me know how it works for you.
    1168, I received the grip today and it looks even better in person than online. What I like best is it is more vertical than the Hogue overmolded grip I had before. It seems to help the pistol point better. The texture is very agressive and might become troublesome with a full day of shooting without a light glove. Personally I like a light glove anyway.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Call me crazy but I still can't seem to find anything wrong with the Magpul MOE grip I've been using since 2011...

Although I put a K2 on the pistol I built and I quite like it, but... not SO much of a game changer I'm gonna shell out to replace the other grips just yet.

The BCM grips are interesting, but the one that came on a BCM lower I got just didn't do anything better for me than the Magpul grips already did.

The only grip I've truly hated was the A2. Everything I've either seen or tried between the A2 and Magpul/BCM offerings seems kind of irrelevant IMO.

But then again, I also wear underwear from walmart, so I guess I've also just stopped giving a shit so much about the small stuff... *shrug*
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricrock View Post
    You do you, but $95.00 is just about $60.00 - $70.00 more than I choose to spend on a pistol grip.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast