Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite AR Pistol Grip

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Tried a bunch and settled on the Magpul K. I don't like any grip with the beaver tail, they move my thumb too far from the safety. I wish the MOE K had internal storage but I can live without it.

Feedback Score
    I actually like the A2 pistol grip. I've never felt a compelling need to change it.

Having said that, the Magpul MIAD is a good grip, as is the BCM gunfighter grip.

Can we discuss vertical foregrips, too?

Fave:

1. TangoDown VFG, both in stubby and full-length configurations--heavy duty polymer, water tight storage compartment, sturdy installation. I keep debating if I like the one with the American Defense quick detach mount or the two locking tabs better. Either way, a winner and my personal choice.

Okay:

1. Magpul foregrips, both in M-LOK and rail-mounted versions. They work. No fanfare.

Junk:

1. MFT vertical foregrip. Cheap plastic airsoft quality junk with a cheesy rubber plug for the storage compartment.
    2. BCM Gunfighter vertical grip, rail mount model. Shocking I would say this is junk since I like most BCM products, but I decided the attachment method seemed a little fragile with two dinky springs and a moveable polymer gripping surface that locks down with a screw. It's just too Mickey Mouse for a fighting weapon IMHO. I found the stubby grip to be too short for all my fingers. I caught myself shifting my offhand position constantly. (And I use forward grips more as a hand stop rather than like a Tommy Gun foregrip). It also comes with a cheesy looking rubber plug for the storage compartment. I DO like the option of mounting it slant forward or backward, though. I have not tried the M-LOK or Keymod versions, so those may be okay.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-25-18 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Favorite is the BCM Mod 3, but not by enough to switch out from original Magpul MOE that I much prefer over A2 and even A1 grips.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    Ergo on my bench shooters that have scopes, bcm on the training guns with red dots or lpvos. I like the more vertical grip of the bcm when actually running a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrarieDog View Post
    I like the ERGO's on most of my rifles. Though as ugly as the Larue grip is, it feels pretty good in the hand with the palm swells.
    I'm with these guys. I like a more vertical grip when shooting upright and a more angled grip for prone/bench. I don't know that is a by-product of breaking my wrists, or normal for most folks.

When I unboxed my 6.5G Ultimate Upper one of my first thoughts was wow, that is a butt-ugly grip. I found I actually liked it for what I got the rifle for, which is more prone-ish shooting.

I've settled on B5 Type 23's for everything else. I've tried several other vertical grips - Gunfighter, K2, etc. - and settled on the Type 23's.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Talk about an irrelevant question. Kinda like asking what hand do you use to choke your chicken! Do you use 4 fingers under with your thumb on top or reverse cowgirl with you thumb underneath facing your balls. BTW.. What size shoes do you find the most comfortable?
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    So it is wrong to ask a question? Even though I posted in the wrong forum
    Nah, maybe a poll in which you asked that question and also asked folks to explain their choices would have been more useful, but it's good.

I also appreciate GH41 providing pro-tips on self-gratification. If you find yourself alone and unable to get a woman, practicing prostrate health by hand is a good idea, just don't overdo it, you'll go blind.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    After being a "grip snob" and trying out pretty much every grip on the market, I've went full circle back to the MOE on most of my builds. I've got a BCM lower that came with a Mod3 Gunfighter which I like and have no plans to change though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A carbine's grip is a personal thing, no one answer for all.

Personally I dig the modern reduced angle grips offered by several different manufacturers.

On my AR's I have BCM Gunfighter grips; Mod 0's on KISS carbines, and either Mod 2's or Mod 3's on everything else.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-25-18 at 11:59. Reason: muh grammar
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Hogue overmolded grip w/beavertail and finger grooves.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Not to offend OP, but this thread is pointless and can be summed as - list every grip on the market. same thing as people ask what stock do you like the most... personal preference prevails over in this case anything. i've discovered that for such things such as grip, stock, forward gip, and even a muzzle device it's impossible to say which one YOU like unless you actually use it.

Feedback Score
    For barrels under 14.5? Plain old A2

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast