Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 Grendel upper opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

6.5 Grendel upper opinions

I'm looking to get a complete 6.5g upper and want to shoot moa or better and stay under a grand. Hunting, target, home defense(to a degree).
    Looking for opinions on quality companies. So far considering odin works and sons of liberty. Tried searching a bit, and some info is dated and has had some mentions of qc issues here and there( how true dont know, wasnt nothing overwhelming by no means).
    Some with experiences first hand or by friends would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My search with "grendel" in the title only in the AR/M4 forum yielded 86 threads

https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=2937360
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Wont pull up, I'll try that again myself and leave 6.5 out and see if I see some different ones.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Go to 65grendel.com for forum with all kinds of current info

Feedback Score
    Larue ultimate upper is your best bet under 1k. It basically fine with everything but the lower. You can do the whole rifle for close to 1k.

Aero also has some decent options at a lower price point. They are Ballistic advantage barrels which are solid performers

Feedback Score
    LaRue Ultimate Upper kit is the deal to beat in the industry currently for $792.

You get all billet construction with upper-to-handguard mating that is extremely solid, only outdone by the LMT MRP, but way lighter than the LMT. None of the handguard touches any part of the barrel, barrel extension, or barrel nut.

You get the improved gas system with dimple-ready mate-up/gas tube/gas tube ferrule, MBT-2S trigger, excellent 7075 T6 RET, RAT stock (which I wish I would have put hands on years ago versus dismissing it), BCG, 18" medium-heavy barrel, Tranquilo muzzle brake (works very well without the obnoxious side blast common with most gilled brakes), LPK, CH, buffer, action spring, APEG grip, barrel nut, and wrench-everything but the stripped lower, which you can then order separately.

This is what the complete rifle looks like:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm also interested in a Grendel upper. I currently have a Daniel Defense M4v7LW in 5.56. Can I just swap out the two uppers or do I also need to change out the buffer and spring? Thanks.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    I'm also interested in a Grendel upper. I currently have a Daniel Defense M4v7LW in 5.56. Can I just swap out the two uppers or do I also need to change out the buffer and spring? Thanks.
    You HAVE to replace the BCG or at least the bolt. The buffer and spring should be fine but probably could be optimized if you played around. The entire lower is compatable though.

Toolcraft has decent bcg's that are a good value if you need one for 6.5g. if you buy a upper in 6.5 it may or may not come with a BCG depending on vendor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can take an existing 5.56 upper, swap out the barrel, bolt, and magazine and you should be good to go.

Feedback Score
    I have had great luck with my B.A. Hanson barrel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast