Thread: Form 3, I thought they went quick

Feedback Score

Form 3, I thought they went quick

I bought a m-10 from Ruben at DealerNFA and it's been a month and still no Form 3 to my dealer. I thought form 3's were taking about a week. Am I wrong? Can it take longer than a month?

Feedback Score
    Mine took a few months.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Are you sure the Mac is still on an Form 3?

Others more knowledgeable than I please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen many (though not all) transferable machine guns are on Form 4s and so even transfers between dealers can take a while.

Feedback Score
    Dealer to dealer transfers are on Form 3's. It doesn't matter whether they are machine guns or SBR's. A little over a year ago I bought my first machine gun. The dealer I bought it from sent in a paper Form 3. It took about a month and a half to be approved. More recently, I purchased another machine gun from the same dealer. It look less than a month to arrive at my transfer dealer. I've purchased some factory SBR's that were electronically approved for transfer in less than a week. Perhaps machine guns can only be done on paper Form 3's. I don't know.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    You're right, and I should've double checked my thought before posting.

I was thinking that once an item has been transferred on a form 4 it stays on one, regardless of where it goes afterwards (dealer or non-dealer), which is incorrect.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 09-25-18 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    Do you know if he eFiled the F3 or mailed in paper forms? A month seems excessive for an F3 filed electronically, but not out of the ordinary timeframe for paper.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Do you know if he eFiled the F3 or mailed in paper forms? A month seems excessive for an F3 filed electronically, but not out of the ordinary timeframe for paper.
    Well, when I spoke to him, he stated it would probably take less than a week. So I assumed it was an eForm 3 and not paper Form 3. But here we are a month later.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    my M-11/9 efile form 3 took only a couple days earlier this month.

Feedback Score
    Ruben finally got the form 3 approved. He said he's been having an issue with the eforms coming back approved, but showing submitted in the system, instead of approved. I looked at the date that the ATF official signed and it was signed the day after Ruben submitted it to the ATF. I guess ATF is having some technical issues with the eforms.